• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go captain america!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go captain america!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6061660.stm

Its a service charge...not a tax...after all, its only fair!

Mailman

It's a tax. I strongly suspect the only reason it's called the "congestion charge" is so Ken can justify hounding foreign diplomats in this way. It's not a road toll (which they would have to pay), it's a tax on driving in central London.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Red Ken is a ***t. Happy to see US diplomants made a stand there.

Comment

Im going to call my home a diplomatic mission and refuse to pay taxes! Oh thats right, I was doing that as a contractor

Mailman

Comment

Great

I see my ol stomping ground saffa land has also been telling that fcking stinking sod Red Ken to take his congestion charge and shove it up his large and well polished sphincter.

I wish we could all do the same but once again we roll over and take a good shot.

**** Ken and his outrageous congestion charge.

Arrrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunny "Time for a stiff drink" San
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by BBC News
            Mr Livingstone said the congestion charge was a charge for a service - reduced congestion.
            In which case everyone who is charged it now should get their money back. Vehicle speeds in London are approx the same as when he introduced it!

This due to a total failure to manage roadworks, increased Traffic Lights (1000 approx), bendy buses that can't go around corners without blocking traffic, absurd one way systems due to same.

Comment

Working...
            X