• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What can stop the global economy unraveling?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can stop the global economy unraveling?

Debt, defaults, and devaluations: why this market crash is like nothing we've seen before - Telegraph

I was amazed the US raised interest rates. That has caused the current crisis. Its time to reverse the cut. And cut some more.
    I wish DP had not bought up all the gold. I want some.

Time to wean the proles off cheap credit. We've had ZIRP for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Time to wean the proles off cheap credit. We've had ZIRP for too long.

The balloon will go up. The proles will not like it and will vote for someone else. No government will allow it.

In 1957 Macmillan implied things had never been better. And that things would keep getting better. The natural cycle was disturbed.

The crash will come and it will be catastrophic. But it will not be for a few years.

Comment

Rates should go up to at least 5% as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
        X