• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why you should shop at DFS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you should shop at DFS

Confusion over Ikea 'leather' sofas that are actually made from plastic - Telegraph

It would not happen at DFS.....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It would not happen at DFS.....
    Yeah, they got no stock and ETA for delivery is about a day or two after first Mars landing...

Comment

Er yes it does, they do two different "types" of leather

Comment

Fun fact: DFS (and other purveyors of sofas who advertise on TV) hire models, male and female, of small stature. This makes the sofas look bigger on the commercials.

Of course, people then visit their emporia and find that a sofa that will accommodate their family costs more than the one the petite models were luxuriating on in the advert; but by then, they're in the shop and will probably end up buying from there anyway.

Ain't being manipulated and exploited for monetary gain by capitalists great?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Fun fact: DFS (and other purveyors of sofas who advertise on TV) hire models, male and female, of small stature. This makes the sofas look bigger on the commercials.

Of course, people then visit their emporia and find that a sofa that will accommodate their family costs more than the one the petite models were luxuriating on in the advert; but by then, they're in the shop and will probably end up buying from there anyway.

Damn those capitalists. MF and family ruthlessly expolited yet again!

Comment

My DFS sofa is due for delivery at the end of the month.

Just had a look - the default option is 'leather look fabric'. We actually went for a different thicker leather, but when we were looking I was certainly unaware that the sofa we were sitting on in the shop wasn't leather. It's under 'leather' when browsing their site.

Comment

It's no different to advertisements in the past. How about this Hudson ad driven by the vertically challenged here.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I have a acquaintance based in Suffolk who makes custom furniture for new build show homes.

Try lying on the bed in a show home.

Comment

Beats communism where it was impossible to buy decent furniture without contacts in the "trade"...

I am still looking for one of those on sale ...

Comment

Good excuse to repost this

Comment

Working...
                    X