• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS deja vous

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS deja vous

NHS to get £4bn in drive for 'paperless' health service - BBC News

Is it really 10 years since I filled my boots on NPfIT??

GET IN THERE!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

I left it after having filled my trough in Leeds, in 2006.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      NHS to get £4bn in drive for 'paperless' health service - BBC News

Is it really 10 years since I filled my boots on NPfIT??

GET IN THERE!
      Oh dear. I contracted through BT Exact, via Accenture to the NHS for N3 security.

First task, prune over 8K PIX rules. Cisco said it was the most they had ever seen.

I had to do a 4 month study to confirm what I said on first day: Start from scratch.

Above is in public domain so happy to cite.

I am getting ready to moonlight.

*"About £400m to build a new website - nhs.uk - develop apps and provide free wi-fi" - WOW, JUST WOW.

Comment

Interestingly you could do it tomorrow at a cost of 10p, i.e. just send an e-mail to all the Doctors and Nurses.

Just simply tell everyone to use google docs.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Interestingly you could do it tomorrow at a cost of 10p, i.e. just send an e-mail to all the Doctors and Nurses.

Just simply tell everyone to use google docs.
          Yes you could, but with a £4M budget would you want to?

Comment

I was on SDS (Spine Directory Services) and various other ones, EPR, ETP and other acronyms I can't remember now...

Comment

Déjà vu.

Forget the NHS. Clearly more needs to be spent on education.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I was BT Exact before being poached by BT Global Services.

Hopefully BT won't get a sniff this time because if they do it will be Tech Mahindra's snout in the trough.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Déjà vu.

Forget the NHS. Clearly more needs to be spent on education.

I never bother with French spelling

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I was BT Exact before being poached by BT Global Services.

Hopefully BT won't get a sniff this time because if they do it will be Tech Mahindra's snout in the trough.
                    Martlesham? God what a glorious place to work until I had to explain the difference between 'copy run start' and 'write t' to a bunch of TM "CCIEs".

I worked for Ben V at AT&T Unisource previously, so Martelsham was just fantastic at the time. It would have been anyway. A tech place full of nice people with a sailing and flying club (it was a former airport). Did my PPL A+H there.

The decline happened when a board member of Spring ended up on the board of BT.

Comment

Working...
                    X