• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Un-feckin-believable!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un-feckin-believable!

Chicago police officer sues victim's family over shooting - BBC News

Trigger happy yank cop shoots kid and the sues family for HIS emotional distress!

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Chicago police officer sues victim's family over shooting - BBC News

Trigger happy yank cop shoots kid and the sues family for HIS emotional distress!
    lawyers playing the game. police wearing cameras needed.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Most yank cop cars have dash cams which have captured some outrageous activity, so it's not a universal deterrent for bad cop behaviour, but regardless body-cams would probably be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
        Most yank cop cars have dash cams which have captured some outrageous activity, so it's not a universal deterrent for bad cop behaviour, but regardless body-cams would probably be a good idea.
        In this day and age, it's a no brainer. Protects the public and the police officers.

No doubt in a lot of these shooting cases, the footage would go missing or some technical fault prevented it being recorded...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          That worked well at Waterloo underground didn't it....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            In this day and age, it's a no brainer. Protects the public and the police officers.

No doubt in a lot of these shooting cases, the footage would go missing or some technical fault prevented it being recorded...
            If you have nothing to hide why would you complain?

Isn't that the logic the Govt. used for the "snoopers charter" that is being shot down (pun intended)
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

You'd think so, but given the stuff captured by officer's own dash cams I can only assume they forget it's there or they don't understand the tech.

You'd probably want it doing live streaming to a remote location with some kind of local storage for backup. Circumventing would require a greater level of premeditation than is apparent in many of these incidents. Alternatively IAB could have drones situated to be able to rapidly respond to any officer report that they're checking out a situation and spy on them?

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                The Chicago police have been repeatedly sabotaging their dashcams: Chicago Police Officers Tampered With Dash Cams -- NYMag

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The Chicago police have been repeatedly sabotaging their dashcams: Chicago Police Officers Tampered With Dash Cams -- NYMag
                  should be locked in a safe built into the car and keys kept with the garage staff. Random audits checking the video & audio. That way there is no suggestion of tampering by Police. Diagnostic switch at on / off and automatic reporting would make sure you can't go out with a faulty vehicle.

I assumed the uploads were automatic when the cars returned? With 240gb SSDs at £50 it should be possible to store days or weeks of video in the car. Take a 64GB usb drive in to the station when you finish your shift.

Its a no brainer.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    They really need to clean house there and fire a lot of cops. There's been too much of a blind eye from the mayor's office and the attorney general in Chicago for far too long.

Comment

Working...
                    X