• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone advertise their company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone advertise their company?

I seem to remember that one of the Business Entity Test's was if you spend more than £1200 a year advertising the business, and it got me thinking does anyone advertise their company? I know its not likely to ever be relevant to a IR35 investigation,
    1. For £100 a month its not much of an expense
    2. If it brings in a client then its worthwhile

I know the latter probably depends on the type of business, a web designer certainly could pick up work this way, but less so a PM.

As for the former, £100 is not a lot of money to throw at some business cards and a Facebook campaign!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I keep meaning to set up a website. Have the domain registered, but nothing more.

So my first year accounts had £2.99 in advertising costs

Comment

In 1989 my accountant asked me to sponsor his son motor-racing. It would definitely be tax deductible!

(Actually I think I missed a chance here to create a troll thread to annoy NLUK. I can see the steam pouring from his ears as he reads the post.)
      Last edited by BrilloPad; 8 February 2016, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        As for the former, £100 per month is not a lot of money to throw at some business cards and a Facebook campaign!
        Bearing in mind the new taxes will cost us about 2200 quid which is enough for some people to put their balls on the chopping block by looking at trusts and the like I'd say many people would say it is a lot.

It's also very expensive if it brings zero extra income in.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Bearing in mind the new taxes will cost us about 2200 quid which is enough for some people to put their balls on the chopping block by looking at trusts and the like I'd say many people would say it is a lot.

It's also very expensive if it brings zero extra income in.
          I guess its risk v reward, £1200 a spunked year on advertising which doesn't bring anything in v trying to fiddle HMRC to save £2200

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I guess its risk v reward, £1200 a spunked year on advertising which doesn't bring anything in v trying to fiddle HMRC to save £2200
            Did sponsorship also count towards the advertising limit of old?

Comment

Did sponsorship also count towards the advertising limit of old?
              Have you asked your accountant?

Comment

Have you asked your accountant?
                No I was waiting for some cock womble to start a thread about advertising

Comment

No I was waiting for some cock womble to start a thread about advertising
                  Glad to help

Comment

Glad to admit I'm a cockwomble
                    FTFY
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X