• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supply date confussion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supply date confussion

As a typical IT contractor working through a Ltd company, issuing invoices per calender month, and on the flat rate VAT scheme...

I understand it is a legal requirement to include both the Invoice Date and the Supply Date on the invoice.
    However I see some conflicting information about what the supply date should be.
    • It might be the same as the invoice date
    • It might be the date the services were supplied. (the last day of the month)
    • It might be date on which I receive payment. (which I can't know in advance)

My main on confusion is that because of the flat rate scheme, I think I should use the date of payment as the supply date. But at the time of writing the invoice I have know idea when the payment will be made.

What do other people use as the supply date? Or do you just not include it on your invoice?

See here. Unless it fits a special case, if you're issuing a VAT invoice, a single tax point / invoice date is fine, but the client probably wants to know the period for which the invoice applies, assuming it's a T&M contract

Comment

Working...
    X