• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst chain hotel experience?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst chain hotel experience?

What is the biggest disappointment you have had from a main hotel chain?

I often use Ibis – I like their bed, and they are usually very good, with everything you need.

However, I used two Ibis’s in the area of current client. Although they have the Ibis name above them they are nothing like an Ibis.
    They are actually motels, Pontins style chalet stinking of damp with pathetic heating, not maintained, cleaned terribly so the paintwork is sticky and grimy. Two random sister motels that have recently gone to Ibis for some strange reason that nobody can fathom.

Have you stayed anywhere worse?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    What is the biggest disappointment you have had from a main hotel chain?

I often use Ibis – I like their bed, and they are usually very good, with everything you need.

However, I used two Ibis’s in the area of current client. Although they have the Ibis name above them they are nothing like an Ibis.
    They are actually motels, Pontins style chalet stinking of damp with pathetic heating, not maintained, cleaned terribly so the paintwork is sticky and grimy. Two random sister motels that have recently gone to Ibis for some strange reason that nobody can fathom.

Have you stayed anywhere worse?
    Are you fu<king kidding? IBIS FFS ?

Even Suity doesn't stay there ...

Comment

Jury's Inn

Comment

Stayed in Holiday Inn once in Manchester, felt like I was sleeping on a trampoline :|

Premier Inn is better and usually have comfortable beds.

Comment

Travelodge.

Premier Inn are superb....

Comment

Originally posted by mdhd View Post
            Stayed in Holiday Inn once in Manchester, felt like I was sleeping on a trampoline :|
            If you will invite NLYUK round for the night what do you expect.....

Comment

Hilton - Birmingham airport
              Heating was broken and outside the temperature was -7. Room was quite dirty as well
              Wrote a very negative review on Tripadvisor. Manager came back offering me a free upgrade for my next stay, but it had to be within a month. I wanted my money back, which didn't happen. I did get ill though after that stay and lost 3 days of income.

Comment

Not a chain hotel but stayed in hotel once where there was no window. It seems they did two sorts of room on their website - windows and no windows. I booked via laterooms or something which wasn't specific so they gave me the cheaper room.

I did complain that maybe when booking, even via late rooms, not having a window was relevant information that I should have been made aware of. Their answer was you had everything listed in description - tv, bathroom, bed we didnt list window.

I did argue that you dont list carpet, paint on the walls, light bulbs, curtain, etc but its info that is relevant. But no luck.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Not a chain hotel but stayed in hotel once where there was no window. It seems they did two sorts of room on their website - windows and no windows. I booked via laterooms or something which wasn't specific so they gave me the cheaper room.

I did complain that maybe when booking, even via late rooms, not having a window was relevant information that I should have been made aware of. Their answer was you had everything listed in description - tv, bathroom, bed we didnt list window.

I did argue that you dont list carpet, paint on the walls, light bulbs, curtain, etc but its info that is relevant. But no luck.
                  One of the fancy hotels I looked at in London marketed the rooms with no windows as an added luxury - you can stay out as late as you like because you won't get woken up by the sun streaming through the window in the morning

I stayed in a very nice pod hotel in Birmingham where to make up for the lack of a window, there was a CCTV camera that you could watch on the TV so you could see outside that way. Since it was Birmingham, I didn't bother.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The Big Sleep in Cheltenham.

I think it's Gay friendly - my room was like a set from Barbarella.

Don't have a problem with that.

What was bad was the constant banging of doors all night as people were going in and out of each other's rooms. And the noisy seagulls.

Comment

Working...
                    X