• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Truth is Out There

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Truth is Out There

New series of the X-Files on C5 (E1 on demand).

I missed it, anyone tune in? Does it matter that I stopped watching around S4 - or have they assumed everyone else did too?

No spoilers please (or put them in white), I still plan to watch the original through one day!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

It's pretty obvious there are no aliens, if there were, they would have been mentioned in the bible.

Therefore it is a programme for heretics.

Comment

I watched. I didn't expect much, but it wasn't bad. The unchanged in 20 years titles and theme music (and X-Files font) gave me goosebumps; David Duchovney looks the same, Gillian Anderson less so. It only disappointed when he went into a whole alien conspiracy diatribe - exactly why it got tedious the first time around. Hopefully they'll go back to investigating weird tulip; that's where it was good, and lay off the aliens.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

4 Episodes in and I'm still not sure if it's as good. They are laying it heavy on conspiracy and certain other storylines.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's had it's day, time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            It's pretty obvious there are no aliens, if there were, they would have been mentioned in the bible...
            So mobile phones, IR35 and curly-wurlies don't exist either?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              It's pretty obvious there are no aliens, if there were, they would have been mentioned in the bible.
              Genesis 6
              Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God (bene Elohim) saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.

Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God (bene Elohim) came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually
              HTH
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                So mobile phones, IR35 and curly-wurlies don't exist either?
                Noooooooooooooo!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Spoiler Alert

(Scully's had her face done)
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Spoiler Alert

(Scully's had her face done)
                    Does she still bat for both sides?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X