• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beware of Walter Mitty Hunters Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware of Walter Mitty Hunters Club

'Soldier' exposed as Walty Mitty liar after posting terrible photoshopped image with fake moustache and medal

Dave Harper was exposed after posting the dodgy fake on his Facebook page - nicked from an actual hero soldier being given the third highest medal for gallantry.

Harper pasted his ginger-moustachioed face over the top - complete with a perfectly level line below his beret - and claimed the picture was taken in October 1969.

He even pointed out that he looked "retarded" in the terribly-manipulated pic - while soaking up praise from gullible pals.

In broken English, he wrote: "Some old photo's I found in old envelope. Most of my belongings where destroyed when my Aunts house was burned very badly. I had forgotten about them

Mr Harper was exposed as a liar by the Walter Mitty Hunters Club, a group of ex-servicemen and women who berate anybody pretending to be former squaddie.

Source: 'Soldier' exposed as Walty Mitty liar after posting terrible photoshopped image with fake moustache and medal - Telegraph

They'd have a lot of work to do on here

I bet he can fly a fighter jet while eating a bowl of spaghetti, too!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Someone we know here?

Comment

another unwary victim of the ARRSE Waltenkommando
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          another unwary victim of the ARRSE Waltenkommando
          I followed the link to "Walt" and found our old friend again https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Craig_Colclough

Was anyone here foolish enough to actually meet him?
          Last edited by TheFaQQer; 11 February 2016, 16:54.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I'm happy to report, that since meeting a beautiful and sexy woman, I've no need bulltulip on CUK anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I followed the link to "Walt" and found our old friend again https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Craig_Colclough

Was anyone here foolish enough to actually meet him?
              Admit it, you want to be him, you f**king Colclough-Walt!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Admit it, you want to be him, you f**king Colclough-Walt!
                How well you know me - what's a Colclough-Walt?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Could've done better with some blutack and a bit of fuzzy felt.

Comment

I am a member of aarse and follow the walter mitty hunters club on FB, sterling work our fellas do

Comment

Working...
                    X