• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ways round age laws...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways round age laws...?

Just noticed Hoaxley require you to enter your 'career start date' when applying for vacancies on Jobserve, rather than ask for date of birth .... is this borderline legal ...?
    Vieze Oude Man

Personally speaking I don't have a 'career'. I do contract work. Leave it blank.

Comment

Unfortunately you cant - its a required field. I just put 'refer to CV'.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I always phone the rep, then send directly to their mail box. Stops the auto-CV filtering and parsing sh1t from getting in the way too.
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          Just noticed Hoaxley require you to enter your 'career start date' when applying for vacancies on Jobserve, rather than ask for date of birth .... is this borderline legal ...?
          Why are you even thinking about working with them? They are #3 on my do not touch with a bargepole list of agencies.

Comment

Well, job description apparently suits my agenda, so used a second mobile number and email address on the CV so if it turns out to be fake I can just ignore them. Also didn't name the last two companies on my CV.

They must have some jobs or else they would have gone under by now.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Hoaxley - soon as I see that on an advert, I just move straight past.

Comment

put in 01/01/81 and say its a bug in the software.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What are you worried about age for ?

Believe me, it isn't important, not any more.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Well, job description apparently suits my agenda, so used a second mobile number and email address on the CV so if it turns out to be fake I can just ignore them. Also didn't name the last two companies on my CV.

They must have some jobs or else they would have gone under by now.
                    Call them instead.

My experiences with them are the same as most on here. They are premiership barrow-boys.

Comment

Working...
                    X