• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

g'day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g'day

The australian adventure is over. Its the last day in Perth today.

For those who have expressed an interest, the book will be available soon in all good bookshops 'Spinifex contractor goes bush'

The final scores were 6,500 miles in 23 days, 3 'bush dumps' and 2k pics.
    In a strange sort of way I am glad its over, now all I need is a new contract

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Wife is happy I take it?

Comment

She loved it.
      I told her this was the last one because we are getting too old. She said b*llocks and she is busy laying down plans for the next one.

how is the ska ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Australia sounds like fun place, just way too long to fly over water and I can't swim too...

SKA is getting ready to rock.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          If the plane comes down in the water, it doesn't matter if you can swim or not...
          Well, I am optimistic: I know they do have life jackets on such flights, but I did not quiet get if they have orange paint to put off sharks, I will ask next time I board the flight.

Comment

Better to fall onto a forest rather than water.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Better to fall onto a forest rather than water.
              And get skewered on a branch.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                At the end of the day, it all depends how fast you hit the water...
                Strictly it all depends on how rapidly you decelerate when you hit the water. Oh, and whether you get a shard of wreckage that slices your head off.

Comment

It's deceleration that kills you during collision - mechanical hits is factor too, and drawning in water is not nice either, but normally people die from impact. For this you need to travel as much distance as possible and trees actually help increase that distance which greatly reduces deceleration in Gs, water on the other hand is very badly compressible and it is certain death at speeds above 120 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    water on the other hand is very badly compressible and it is certain death at speeds above 120 mph.
                    Possibly not if the plane went in vertically nose first. You'd probably die anyway but there's a small chance you might survive the moment of impact.

Comment

Working...
                    X