• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And here's something for the Mauve Monkey to look forward to.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here's something for the Mauve Monkey to look forward to.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ev...083111058.html

For dear old Freako, this relates to highly paid professional workers needing to work until their 80s.

I watched a retired GP (must have been all of 45 years old) on "A Place in the Sun" buying his £350K retirement villa in sunny Spain last night. Gold plated final salary pension. Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I watched a retired GP (must have been all of 45 years old) on "A Place in the Sun" buying his £350K retirement villa in sunny Spain last night. Gold plated final salary pension. Which was nice.
      "Retirement" often has a different meaning to many people.

I have friends in very good, well paid senior level jobs but they are not so financially literate and aim towards the brainwashed ideal of working until they are 65 and then retiring on a decent pension.

Those who are financially educated often work on a side project alongside their daily jobs, perhaps investing in shares or property or building up a business that will eventually run independently. They can then 'retire' early and live quite well from residual income. Or they can 'retire' early from the job that is building someone else's dreams and concentrate on their own dream work/business/lifestyle.

And then there are those who have a little (but enough) knowledge of money but don't have the ambition, dependents, responsibilities, need or avarice to want for anything more than a simple life. Perhaps the GP thought that this is all he wanted, and he's happy for it.

Comment

Don't worry OP, I will be fine, but my fellow iPhone users are up tulip creek.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          For dear old Freako, this relates to highly paid professional workers needing to work until their 80s.
          I am pretty sure extra stress at that age would help most kick the bucket well before that age - just because baby boomers now live longer does not mean current crop will last as long ...

Also, Her Majesty's Tory Govt is committed to solving the problem of high earners once and for all... only inherited wealth is ok...

Comment

oohhh, I can letters on fire over the shoulder of Roy

Comment

Working...
            X