• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sent to Coventry by Virgin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent to Coventry by Virgin

I need to buy a season ticket to Coventry to earn the ‘right’ to park in the Virgin car park. (Or pay daily which would be double the parking rate).

As I stay in a hotel a couple of times a week, is it worth checking out an evening in Coventry? How bad can a city’s reputation be?
    I will otherwise just throw away the season ticket!

Is the price of the ticket more than 50% of the parking?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      I need to buy a season ticket to Coventry to earn the ‘right’ to park in the Virgin car park. (Or pay daily which would be double the parking rate).

As I stay in a hotel a couple of times a week, is it worth checking out an evening in Coventry? How bad can a city’s reputation be?
      I will otherwise just throw away the season ticket!
      They just smashed Bury 6-0 at the weekend.

HTHBIDI
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

They've stopped talking to you?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Many Years ago I had a contract at CBS in the middle of the city, working permanent evenings/nights.

I put on a weight due to using the Coventry Kebab house for evening meals far too often. The food was excellent. The only other highlight was watching drunk people on CCTV with the security guards once the pubs/clubs shut.

I drove in from Shropshire everyday due to being able to travel out of peak times so can't comment on accommodation choices, and it was 20 years ago this year though so things may have changed but wouldn't bank on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
            Many Years ago I had a contract at CBS in the middle of the city, working permanent evenings/nights.

I put on a weight due to using the Coventry Kebab house for evening meals far too often. The food was excellent. The only other highlight was watching drunk people on CCTV with the security guards once the pubs/clubs shut.

I drove in from Shropshire everyday due to being able to travel out of peak times so can't comment on accommodation choices, and it was 20 years ago this year though so things may have changed but wouldn't bank on it.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                As I stay in a hotel a couple of times a week, is it worth checking out an evening in Coventry?
                No.

Just drive and stay somewhere nicer like Leamington instead.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'm in Coventry. It sucks balls. If you look 15 to 20 mins away you've got places like Kenilworth, Balsall Common and the like which are great.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I'm in Coventry. It sucks balls.
                    Superb! Are the rates as cheap as NLYUK's?

Comment

Working...
                    X