• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy mortgage question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy mortgage question

Ok let me start by saying this is a dodgy question,

i am interested in getting a mortgage, and only have close to one year of Ltd company accounts. I have only worked about 6 months within this period but currently working now.

I only have about £7k in the business account, and my current gig pays £360/day.

I am thinking that it would be impossible to get a mortgage via contractmoney for instance even with that amount in the account or lack of business transactions for about 5 months.

My query is can I raised a ficticious invoice of say about £10,000 which will off course i will get the money paid into my business account. and then when I have submitted my accounts, I can always reverse the entries as if it was payment for work to be done but refunded back due to not beign able to do it.

I am not VAT registered, so no worries with VAT man.

Is this purely and simply wrong and could lead to potential problems later on.

I just want to get on the property ladder !
    Please bear in mind that I am quite ok meeting repayments cos i do other things other than my programming job which gets me some money (Shares, Futures ...) as well

Gizza

Fraudulent accounts are a big no and really not worth the risk

Comment

Getting a mortgage by falsifying your income is severely frowned upon.
      Unless you're Peter Mandelsson (sp?).Allegedly.
      Boom boom boom boom
      A-haw haw haw haw
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Speak to a mortgage broker.

They will get you a high-street (cheap) mortgage without having two years' books.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Go my first contractor mortgage 3 weeks into my first contract. No probs.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Get it under a BTL mortgage from Northern Rock. 13% Deposit, no proof of income required, fixed for two years at a rate which would be just a little over base, you can rent out when you move and buy another.

Take a personal loan for the deposit.Easy.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
            X