• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cardiff - A CUK Review.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardiff - A CUK Review.

Been there for a few days during half term.

Quite nice, quite friendly, quite cheap, lot's of things to do, loads of homeless, lot's of Doctor Who things to do, lots of Polish.

Not sure I actually met anyone Welsh though, as everyone I met seemed employed and foreign.

Is Cardiff the new Krakow?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Is Cardiff the new Krakow?
    No, the beer is much more expensive...

Comment

I know some English people who live in Cardiff. So you are right on the foreigner front.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Cardiff is renowned for being multicultural and it's where the majority of the jobs in Wales are. So I guess it makes sense for there to be a lot of foreigners seeing as they go where the work is.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Where did you go?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Where did you go?
            Cardiff – Pieminister

HTH,
            AtW

Comment

Son lives in Cardiff and it's a nice place to be. Lots going on, friendly, good services and not expensive by city standards.

It's on our list of possible place to move once GMIL pops her clogs and we aren't tied to our current place anymore.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Growing up nearby in the 1970s I always found Cardiff astonishingly exotic (and this was at a time when it was basically a slum dock area, which speaks volumes about my home town).

Comment

Welsh ladies can be very friendly. What's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Son lives in Cardiff and it's a nice place to be. Lots going on, friendly, good services and not expensive by city standards.

It's on our list of possible place to move once GMIL pops her clogs and we aren't tied to our current place anymore.
                    I hope he lives on the posh side
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X