• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK acronyms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK acronyms

Originally posted by gables View Post
    Did he demand a response from his accountant yet ;-)
    FTFY
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by Willy Win View Post
    I'm not happy about this at all ...
    About making a deal you weren't happy with? Or that someone offered you a gig when you really needed one?

Either way, getting stroppy about it will just make you look a dick.

Comment

Client wants me on site at all times. .....can I refuse?

With an attitude like that, GBTP.

(Shorter than typing AYSYCOTBAC)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Nope. I don't do working from home generally. I'd rather be in the office where I can waste time getting my CUK post count even higher.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

tl;dr
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Win View Post
            Had an interview for a gig during which the hiring manager stressed that in the contract working from home was not allowed. I didn't argue at the time as I needed the gig.

After starting I assumed that this would be the case for everyone in the Team but have found out that the other consultants and contractors who have been working there for longer (bar some administrators) are working from home once a week. I'm not happy about this at all but also don't want to cause any friction during my first 2 weeks .

How best should I approach this? Demand from my boss that I should be able to work from home and point to the fact that everyone else does, put up and shut up or speak to my agency? I feel like I'm being singled out which doesn't seem right.
            You need to analize how long these contractos are working on the client site, maybe they alreay gain confidence from them.

You should prove your efficiency first.

Regarding your question: No you should'nt refuse.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I'm guessing a sticky with common acronyms would take all the fun out of flaming noobs...? ( also shut up - I already tried searching Google for it) 😁

Comment

GBTP - Get Back To Permiedom.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eman View Post
                  I'm guessing a sticky with common acronyms would take all the fun out of flaming noobs...? ( also shut up - I already tried searching Google for it) 😁
                  STFU
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    STFU
                    Harsh! But I assumed as much - IGMC 😝
                    Last edited by eman; 17 February 2016, 14:43.

Comment

Working...
                    X