• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NZ Expo in manchester this weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NZ Expo in manchester this weekend

Anyone been to one of these. There is one in M'str this weekend. Its a bit steep to get in - like everything else in the UK.

It sounds like one of those scams with a few tourism booths. a few removals booths. one or two Govt booths. One actual employer looking-for-plumbers booths...The employer would only be looking for people with a work-permit in progress and have already sold up and booked their tickets.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Go down and find out if it is a scam. And when you do find out its a scam come back here and say what an excellent event it was and how everyone should get down there ASAP!

Mailman

Comment

All the recently-arrived New Zealanders I know are highly sceptical.

Comment

Could be a good money earner though...what with all those poms flocking to leave the country and all that!

Mailman

Comment

well its £10 a head to get in. For that kinda dough one would expect champagne to be served. If it was a proper (ie: government subidised show) would it not be very cheap...if not free?!
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

unless, of course, you're coleen.

Comment

Working...
            X