PDA

View Full Version : MyCo Branding

SimonMac
18th February 2016, 10:33
Just had an agent on the phone querying if I was a permie as MyCo's branding didn't look like the normal contractor fair, I paid £75 for a logo, knocked up a wordpress website and culture a Facebook page, not what I would call high end but seems enough to make me stand out a little bit.

SueEllen
18th February 2016, 10:34
Ignore the agent.

SimonMac
18th February 2016, 10:36
Ignore the agent.

He was calling about a local gig, at my second highest rate in an area I am trying to break into, well worth a 5 minute phone call :D

DaveB
18th February 2016, 10:36
Just had an agent on the phone querying if I was a permie as MyCo's branding didn't look like the normal contractor fair, I paid £75 for a logo, knocked up a wordpress website and culture a Facebook page, not what I would call high end but seems enough to make me stand out a little bit.

I think I see the problem.

ContractorHardman
18th February 2016, 10:39
I have also done this and whenever the agent has queried me, I have said I care as much for my companies image and professionalism as my own work. My company is employed by the client.

To be honest, the logo was knocked up for free by a friend but it does look nice. Plus its something to put on the business card rather than the free logo generator.

VectraMan
18th February 2016, 10:39
Are you one of those people that use "we" a lot on a fancy looking web site to make it look as if you're a large consultancy with an army of highly trained professionals whereas in reality you're just one bloke who knows how to change the hard drive on a Windows PC?

I hate those.

SimonMac
18th February 2016, 10:42
Are you one of those people that use "we" a lot on a fancy looking web site to make it look as if you're a large consultancy with an army of highly trained professionals whereas in reality you're just one bloke who knows how to change the hard drive on a Windows PC?

I hate those.

No WE are a two man band :D

WTFH
18th February 2016, 10:52
No WE are a two man band :D

Is your company Schizophrenia IT?

LondonManc
18th February 2016, 11:00
Is your company Schizophrenia IT?

They are indeed. Both of them.

NibblyPig
18th February 2016, 11:02

I hate those.

And I hate IR35 but needs must.

DimPrawn
18th February 2016, 11:07

I hate those.

Proper business with proper branding:

http://happyminutes.blog.com/files/2012/07/T-Shirt-Turns-Plumber%E2%80%99s-Crack-into-Cleavage.png

northernladuk
18th February 2016, 11:15
Facebook page????

FatLazyContractor
18th February 2016, 11:16
Facebook page????

That's for his wife/partner.

LondonManc
18th February 2016, 11:18
That's for his company secretary.

FTFY

SimonMac
18th February 2016, 11:41
Facebook page????

Yeah why not, any blog post that is put on the site goes to Facebook/Twitter automatically, share the occasional link/tech humor picture, what harm can it do?

FarmerPalmer
18th February 2016, 11:55
does anyone have any recommendations for someone to create a logo ?

There seem to be quite a few websites out there doing it, but has anyone had any positive or negative experience ?

It is something I keep meaning to do, but never got around to.

Currently my company only has a photo of it's brass plaque used as branding.

It would be good to have a professional looking logo for the website, linked-in and facebook pages.

LondonManc
18th February 2016, 11:57

There seem to be quite a few websites out there doing it, but has anyone had any positive or negative experience ?

Currently my company website only has a photo of it's brass plaque as branding.

It would be good to have a logo for the website, linked-in and facebook pages.

My son's really good with graphics; could happily invoice you through MyCo if he comes up with something that you like. PM me if interested.

SimonMac
18th February 2016, 12:20

Currently my company only has a photo of it's brass plaque used as branding.

It would be good to have a professional looking logo for the website, linked-in and facebook pages.

PM'd you the place I used for mine

NickFitz
18th February 2016, 12:23
Facebook page????

His first day running the one for Viz Comic went really well (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/112453-ooops.html) :)

Platypus
18th February 2016, 13:14
I think that contractors would all stand out a little better if they didn't all name their companies the same thing "My Co".

This seems somewhat unimaginative.

SimonMac
18th February 2016, 13:16
I think that contractors would all stand out a little better if they didn't all name their companies the same thing "My Co".

This seems somewhat unimaginative.

Myco Limited (https://companycheck.co.uk/company/09414156/MYCO-LIMITED/summary)

:laugh

DimPrawn
18th February 2016, 13:20
PSC Limited is a more appropriate name. :tongue

psychocandy
19th February 2016, 10:28
I dont have a webpage, facebook page or logo for mine.

I do have a domain but just use that for email.

SimonMac
19th February 2016, 10:39
I dont have a webpage, facebook page or logo for mine.

I do have a domain but just use that for email.

wwww.claming-jsa.wales

psychocandy
19th February 2016, 11:14
wwww.claming-jsa.wales

www.shagsheep.com