• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For our German residents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For our German residents

Mrs got flashed in Chemnitz - by a camera of course! 60 zone, doing not much more over 60 - anyone advise of the consequences? I did a bit of research seems if she was doing over 60 (as she must if flashed) it's fine of between 10€-35€ and no points not that the German authorities could add points to a UK licence anyway. Have I got that more or less right?

Also whats the rule in Germany on turning right against a red light when there's a little painted arrow pointing right next to the signal? Ok to turn if clear against the red?

I think so, but it that the case only if there is the little arrow?

Pre Brexit: small fine.
    Post Brexit: visa removed and deportation.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Not sure about your assumption on German authorities adding points to a UK licence - Google took me here:
      https://www.bussgeldkatalog.org/german-driving-laws/
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Germany has fairly mild penalties compared to other countries including the UK.

She will probably receive her EUR15 fine plus costs in the next month or so.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Mrs got flashed in Chemnitz - by a camera of course! 60 zone, doing not much more over 60 - anyone advise of the consequences? I did a bit of research seems if she was doing over 60 (as she must if flashed) it's fine of between 10€-35€ and no points not that the German authorities could add points to a UK licence anyway. Have I got that more or less right?

Also whats the rule in Germany on turning right against a red light when there's a little painted arrow pointing right next to the signal? Ok to turn if clear against the red?

I think so, but it that the case only if there is the little arrow?
          Is it this year all the EU motor databases are linked so a violation in Spain can be tracked back to UK resident?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Not sure about your assumption on German authorities adding points to a UK licence - Google took me here:
            https://www.bussgeldkatalog.org/german-driving-laws/
            Was sth I read on iPhone literally two secs after we got the flash so my research is flawed.

As soon as I saw the flash I glanced at the speedo and it was 60, she said she'd slowed down when she saw the 60 sign so I reckon she was doing 65 at the most so I doubt points will be an issue.

Let's see what the post brings.......

Comment

Was sth I read on iPhone literally two secs after we got the flash so my research is flawed.

As soon as I saw the flash I glanced at the speedo and it was 60, she said she'd slowed down when she saw the 60 sign so I reckon she was doing 65 at the most so I doubt points will be an issue.

Let's see what the post brings.......
              Another immigrant failing to respect the countries laws story

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Another immigrant failing to respect the countries laws story
                Yeah, she's Russian too where the roads are so bad it's not even possible to even get to 60 km/hr....

This time she was pulling over 200 km/hr occasionally on autobahn, I was frozen with fear, car was fine at 180, 200 it was a bit rattled....

It's was a hire car for her work, new Golf Lounge whatever that is, lots of toys and quite nippy. Work will pick up the fine but the points would be a problem if any were to be applied.

Comment

Yeah, she's Russian too where the roads are so bad it's not even possible to even get to 60 km/hr....

This time she was pulling over 200 km/hr occasionally on autobahn, I was frozen with fear, car was fine at 180, 200 it was a bit rattled....

It's was a hire car for her work, new Golf Lounge whatever that is, lots of toys and quite nippy. Work will pick up the fine but the points would be a problem if any were to be applied.
                  €15 fine + €500 fine for driving a dirty cheatin VW golf lozenge.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

120mph+ in real money - has to be a white knuckle ride

Comment

Working...
                    X