• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Plan B

Create a wallet with built in Faraday shield

A post has gone viral, after a man, Paul Jarvis, saw a thief scamming people out of their money in a tech-savvy manner.

He was putting through payments of less than £30 in a wireless card reader and touching it on wallets of unsuspecting people.
    I have previously asked my bank for non contactless cards - but seems they don't do them
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post

I have previously asked my bank for non contactless cards - but seems they don't do them

Sorry to POYF... RFID Card Wallet

Comment

"CLARIFICATION: The picture in Paul Jarvis' post appears to have originally come from the Russian media. He has now deleted his Facebook post."

Flipping scare-mongering clowns everywhere....

Comment

The whole proximity bank card thing baffles me. Why the hell did we go to the effort of Chip & PIN after years of ignoring the French with their Carte Bleu, then overlook the fact that Proton was a complete failure in Belgium due to fraud.

At least in the UK there appear to be floor limits. I had €618 put through a contactless terminal by my dentist on Wednesday.

That said NFC & crap like Apple Pay baffle me even more. I got stuck at Marks & Sparks at T5 behind a queue of people firing up iPhones and waving them around trying to pay for a sandwich.

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...=rfid%20wallet
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

HSBC Premier will issue these if you ask them, for £ & $ cards. For some strange reason they only issue € cards as Amex Platinum charge cards, which noone accepts anyway, but just to be double sure they are not contactless.

Comment

I bought a new leather wallet from M&S last year. I didn't even notice until I got it home that it has RFID shielding. I reckon the market's saturated by now

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                That said NFC & crap like Apple Pay baffle me even more.
                For a while I kept noticing that my phone would make a strange noise when I took it out my pocket and put it on the table when I got home. Eventually I realised it was because of my habit of putting the phone down on top of my wallet and it was talking to my credit cards via NFC, but not doing anything other than making a bonk noise.

What's the point of that then?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Ahhh Faraday shield's. I used love those. The way it made your hair stand up and could give your friends shocks.. Lots of jolly japes...

But anyway...

I thought I'd seen one of these on both Kickstarter and another on Indiegogo alone... Gonna be knee deep in offerings soon.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    Sorry to POYF... RFID Card Wallet
                    Bugger...
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X