• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many of these do you get a day...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of these do you get a day...

"Dear mcquiggd,

you have been identified as someone who is a suitable candidate for a new exciting role which has arisen. Skills are vague, no mention of location, no mention of duration, no mention of salary. Please contact me if you are interested in this role."

I get about 7-10... some don't even mention if it's contract or permanent.
    Vieze Oude Man

4 or 5 most days - that's a lot of fishing...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
      "Dear mcquiggd,

you have been identified as someone who is a suitable candidate for a new exciting role which has arisen. Skills are vague, no mention of location, no mention of duration, no mention of salary. Please contact me if you are interested in this role."

I get about 7-10... some don't even mention if it's contract or permanent.
      Some do mention that it's permanent, after listing a set of requirements that resemble me not at all, and saying they think it might an interesting role for me.

Imbeciles! I'm working with ombeciles!

Comment

Do you tend to get the same ad from the same agent sent 2 or 3 times at a go. Cant they just send the ******* thing once!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Recruiters only send me this kind of stuff by snail mail, usually arrives with a courier, in a nice basket containing a few bottles of "Dom Pérignon Rosé" and a contract offer letter with royal insignia on it.

threaded.

Comment

Not that many. You didn't get desperate and register with Office Angels, Blue Arrow, Reed and Adecco all at once did you?

Comment

Nope... just JobServe some time ago. I still get emails to an old spam account from people who think I live in Norfolk, and use VB6.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Dear Vetran

Sex God, please give our life meaning.

Bloomin hundreds!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Erm, well, as long as they are from.. you know... nubile female types...

Not .. recruitment agents
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                  X