• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it too early...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too early...

To check in for my flight? No. It appears I'm too late!

Fecking Gatwick. Got delayed in crappy traffic at Guildford. Arrived 1hr 5 minutes before my flight to Cloggers , so took the long stay car park. Just missed the bus and took another 40 minutes before I got back to the terminal. Gate closed.

4 hour delay, and the BA lounge is closed, having to share the No 1 Lounge with those poor people who paid for access.

Bah. Crap.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Why don't you try Senna tablets?

Comment

Why not go through city airport?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Fecking Gatwick. Got delayed in crappy traffic at Guildford. Arrived 1hr 5 minutes before my flight to Cloggers , so took the long stay car park. Just missed the bus and took another 40 minutes before I got back to the terminal. Gate closed.

4 hour delay, and the BA lounge is closed, having to share the No 1 Lounge with those poor people who paid for access.

Bah. Crap.
        Cool story bro
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Bah. Crap.

Not a real contractor then...

A real contractor's flight departs when he or she is ready.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Not a real contractor then...
            I presume you aren't new here, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              I presume you aren't new here, are you?
              He can't read that well with his head so far up his own 'arris
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

This is tedious.

The lounge was packed and too hot, so sitting outside with the poor people
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

so sitting outside with the poor people
                  Home sweet home eh?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Um, flaws in the fantasist's story...

1. If you are flying BA and get free access to the lounge, you also get to check in 7 days before the flight. It's one of the perks of having the Gold/Silver/Bronze card.
                    2. If you're late for the flight, you use the short stay car park. It's only about £50 a day.
                    3. If you're going for a while you use valet parking.
                    4. The long stay car park buses are every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day. Not every 40.
                    5. If you actually do a lot of travel, you check traffic before leaving home and use the traffic info built in to the sat nav of your car so you don't end up missing your flight

...apart from all that, I have zero sympathy for someone with such poor time management skills who then tries to blame a town, traffic or the airport for their own inadequacies.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X