• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waiting to get booted out.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting to get booted out.....

Someone booked a meeting room for me yesterday – it was a regional managers office.

The meeting necessitated use of the whiteboard.

There was random scribbles on the said whiteboard, with no note to not rub out. It is a room commonly booked out for anyone to use.

Said regional manager is not looking best pleased at my desk this morning asking if what is now on the board is anything to do with me. Apparantly the scribbles are the only record he has of his to-do list, so he is now a very lost regional manager.

He was last seen shouting ‘duck, duck duck’ as he stormed into his office slamming the door, rocking his head back and forth in a scary manner.

I could use a rest actually.

Said manager has now come back into the bosom of the main office.

He said he will just have to make it all up again, so normality restored. The workers are happily directionless and the managers are making up things. All is good.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Someone booked a meeting room for me yesterday – it was a regional managers office.

The meeting necessitated use of the whiteboard.

There was random scribbles on the said whiteboard, with no note to not rub out. It is a room commonly booked out for anyone to use.

Said regional manager is not looking best pleased at my desk this morning asking if what is now on the board is anything to do with me. Apparantly the scribbles are the only record he has of his to-do list, so he is now a very lost regional manager.

He was last seen shouting ‘duck, duck duck’ as he stormed into his office slamming the door, rocking his head back and forth in a scary manner.

I could use a rest actually.

Comment

Phew!

Was worried there for a second
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Wait until after he leaves tonight. Then rub it out again.

Comment

Add 'give wilmslow a rise' on the end.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Go over to him and patronisingly suggest he take a photo of the white board next time. Offer to show him how to do it, if it will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              The workers are happily directionless and the managers are making up things.
              That sounds familiar
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Anything he can't remember isn't worth bothering about.

Lists are for wimps.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  That sounds familiar
                  Suity?

Comment

Reminds me of a nightmare PM I worked with once - amazed he ever got a job working with other human beings. He used to do all kinds of outrageous crap that would have gotten normal people fired, but he "got results" so they kept him on - a contractor no less!

Anyway, the office we were in had no assigned seating; despite this the guy used to stay signed in on his desktop and lock the display to stop anyone else using it. I came in once before him (he'd often sleep in until 9 and come in between 10-11 after a night of boozing) and there was nowhere else to sit so I took his seat and rebooted the machine to clear his session. He comes in and says I'm in his seat, I say we don't have assigned seats and I'm sitting here. He then asks how I logged in and I said I powered off the machine. He's like "oh no, you didn't? I had unsaved documents open!" I was eventually re-located by his boss finding me another seat after I said I'd just go home if he couldn't find me one.

There were other opportunities to wind this guy up, but this post is long enough already. Enjoy yourself, it's only work!

Comment

Working...
                    X