• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So thickos support Brexit and the more intelligent support staying in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So thickos support Brexit and the more intelligent support staying in

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/01/06...nd-newspaper-/

Surprising is it not? I mean the clever will find work and prosper whatever, but where do thickos think their bread and butter is going to come from?
    It's not as if they can be cannon fodder for the empire, work the mines or work in factories, now that Britain is post industrial, which were their original choices.
    So all this talk about forging relationships with the commonwealth, but what exactly are we going to trade?
    Seems to me what manufacturing is left is connected to Europe: car companies, aerospace etc all have strong European connections.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Well the thickos still believe that because Britain once ruled the world that it can do again, post Brexit. I suspect that Johnson, Galloway, Gove, Farage, et. al. have plans for a new British Expeditionary Force to once more go into the great unknown and forge a 'New World Commonwealth' and the thickos can carry the bags
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Well the thickos still believe that because Britain once ruled the world that it can do again, post Brexit. I suspect that Johnson, Galloway, Gove, Farage, et. al. have plans for a new British Expeditionary Force to once more go into the great unknown and forge a 'New World Commonwealth' and the thickos can carry the bags
      This is what concerns me, can we rule the World's Seas again with our two Orwellian 'Floating Fortress' Aircraft Carriers with no actual planes?

We need to keep Germany British.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        This is what concerns me, can we rule the World's Seas again with our two Orwellian 'Floating Fortress' Aircraft Carriers with no actual planes?

We need to keep Germany British.....
        I'm worried about the might of the Swiss navy.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/01/06...nd-newspaper-/

Surprising is it not? I mean the clever will find work and prosper whatever, but where do thickos think their bread and butter is going to come from?
          It's not as if they can be cannon fodder for the empire, work the mines or work in factories, now that Britain is post industrial, which were their original choices.
          So all this talk about forging relationships with the commonwealth, but what exactly are we going to trade?
          Seems to me what manufacturing is left is connected to Europe: car companies, aerospace etc all have strong European connections.
          I think the general idea is that we will continue to trade with Europe and the rest of the world much as we do now.

We just won't be a part of that crappy EU organisation. Seems reasonable to me.

Comment

It's hardly surprising that lower-skilled workers are less in favour Europe.

Unchecked migration has pushed down their job prospects, pushed up their housing costs and undermined their sense of community.

On the other hand middle-class left leaning Guardian reading bores love to prattle on about how lovely their Polish gardener is. And how cheap! But of course the Polish and Romanian staff cannot afford to live anywhere near by.

Comment

Telegraph readers in a group with "highest qualification GCSE or lower"

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                I think the general idea is that we will continue to trade with Europe and the rest of the world much as we do now.

We just won't be a part of that crappy EU organisation. Seems reasonable to me.
                Assuming the rest of the EU won't say 'fook off'.....

As has been said, Norway has oil, Switzerland has Gold, UK has Coldplay....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Assuming the rest of the EU won't say 'fook off'.....
                  Yeah but they wont. The Germans still want to sell cars. The French wine. And whine.

Comment

As the resident "thicko" I tick all the boxes (except the age one ). There again I am not ashamed or sensitive about being thick. In many ways it is better to be a bit stupid because you can look at things in a simple manner. This rather sums up the position with regards to Europe pretty well for me

EU elites wrongly believe they have perfected government, so we should leave - Telegraph

All political debates, including whether or not we should belong to the European Union, can ultimately be traced to a profound and historic disagreement over human nature.
                    Half the world believes that human beings are inherently good and benign, or at least perfectible; they conclude that it is therefore safe and sensible for elites and experts to be given whatever power they need to get things done. Such folk, dubbed the self-anointed by the US philosopher Thomas Sowell, are often obsessed with politics and never see a new initiative they don’t like.
                    The problem with the European Union is that it is the embodiment of a top-down approach when what we need is a much greater emphasis on bottom-up solutions
                    The other half is convinced that people, including those in a position of authority, are unavoidably self-interested and fallible, and that power should therefore be constrained and divided to reduce the chance of a catastrophic failure. They tend to believe that their homes are their castle, and in the wisdom of crowds.
                    The first group impatiently derides the second as dreadfully pessimistic and hopelessly unambitious; the latter cannot stand what it sees as the former’s utopianism and lack of realism about the human condition. I’m a paid-up member of this second category, and that, dear reader, is why I want the UK to leave the European Union.

I have a deep distrust of people and power which especially includes big business. I challenge any of you to think of anyone that you would seriously trust to make decisions about your lives that are in positions of power. I doubt there are any.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X