• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That bint wot got suspended

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bint wot got suspended

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6068408.stm

I see the veil wearing assistant teachers discrimination complaints got thrown out in this mornings paper...only problem was the morons ordered the council to pay her £1000 for discrimination!

And...what the f8cks up with having sick leave for a number of months? If someone is gonna be off for that long then it better be terminal or they should get the arse!

A week ago, during a BBC interview she was asked directly whether she wore the veil at her interview. She hesitated and then replied: "Do I have to answer all the questions?"

When pressed again, she admitted she had not worn the veil but insisted she did not realise she was going to be interviewed by a male.

"I was caught unawares," she said.
    Ah bless, she was caughht unawares! As that world famous beer ad in New Zealand says "YEAH RIGHT!"

Mailman

Originally posted by Mailman
    I see the veil wearing assistant teachers discrimination complaints got thrown out in this mornings paper...only problem was the morons ordered the council to pay her £1000 for discrimination!
    No, for victimisation as the school did not follow its own disciplinary procedures in this matter. All charges relating to bias, discrimination, racism or unfair treatment due to her religion were dismissed outright.

Comment

She was quiet correctly offered some cash for victimisation - all that press stuff and politicians turning in surely victimised her, even though the original decision to suspend her was correct. Sounds like a fair decision.

Comment

From Have Your Say on the Beeb.
        I wear a shemagh (Arab style scarf) in the winter when riding to work, this covers my face and only leaves my eyes visible. I can guarantee that if I was to walk into a bank or shop I'd be asked to remove it, quite correct. I'd also not be allowed to wear it at work, also quite correct. Maybe I should become a Jedi and carry a light sabre to work, that'd go down well.
        Integrate means to become one, and it's usually works one way, small into large, and no guesses for who is the smaller group.

Ross, Aldershot
        Haha...gotta love the English humour at times

Mailman

Comment

Love it:

>and her precise job title was ethnic minority achievement curriculum support assistant

Comment

Originally posted by jenever
            Love it:

>and her precise job title was ethnic minority achievement curriculum support assistant
            You might laugh but it's our taxes paying for one of these in every school. Well, not my taxes as I'm a "real contractor" and don't pay any.

Comment

IMHO it's all a load of old rubbish. As far as i'm concerned if you go to a C of E school you follow C of E rules, Catholic school, you follow Catholic rules, Muslim school, you follow Muslim rules.

If she want's to wear her veil all the time go work at a muslim school not a C of E one. (same applies to pupils who want to wear something that is not part of the schools uniform as far as i'm concerned).

The only reason it got into the media will be because she wanted to make a big hoo ha about it in an attempt to get more money (which worked, she got £1100)

Comment

Why are there no Atheist schools? Or Satanist, then she could have been sacked for not being nude and smeared with a cream containing mind-bending drugs and extract of goat' s@arse.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Hang on a minute, she didn't wear a veil at the interview because she was 'caught unawares'...

So, she left it at home did she, and travelled to the interview, in full view of passers by, without bothering to wear what she 'claims' is a vital part of her religion - so much so she cannot remove it in front of a man she works with, but it's not a problem if she is popping down the shops or off for the odd job interview.

Typical fuzzy-wuzzy attitude. 'I'm a minority, give me compensation'.

I may have awarded her £1100 for victimisation, but then I would have fined her £1100 for misleading the school, plus costs.
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    And the Gravy Train has only just started.

Appeals to High Court and Europe are in the pipeline apparently...

and all this at the expense of joe public.

Comment

Working...
                    X