• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whatever Happened to Vinyl Seats?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever Happened to Vinyl Seats?

You know how it is, poppickers, you're on your way home from the daily grind when all of a sudden the devil takes control of your steering wheel and you find yourself sitting in the carpark of the services with a whopper in your hand.

Next thing: major serviette requirement.

Now I'm sure you all think an old rocker like me has his seats upholstered from a whale's scrotum but the reality is I'm too cheap for leather seats and I currently have a somewhat unwipeable gingham patterned fabric setup.

So, when I go to but a new car, why do I never have the option to choose vinyl seats on their configurator?

Maybe I should get my old mum's Wolsey Hornet out of the barn....

My sister's husband got new ricaro seats for his beloved Audi. The following day he took my kids(then aged 2) for a drive to show the handling. Cue child puking all over the new seats.

My sister thought that was hilarious....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      My sister's husband got new ricaro seats for his beloved Audi.
      Recaro

They are right up there with Carlos Fandangos.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Buy a Mercedes E-Class and specify the "Taxi" leatherette option, MB Tex. Top up your contractor income by working as an Uber driver.

Comment

Talk about first world problems......can't see an issue, surely just get yourself some of these:-
          Machine washable, stain resistant, extra padding for your grapes, what more could you want?

Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 25 February 2016, 11:25.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

My brother had one of the very early Citroen 2CVs.

It had canvas seats with a tubular frame and you could take them out to have a picnic at the side of the road.

Comment

They used to get scaldingly hot in the summer on bare legs.

Comment

I remember when cloth was a big deal in the late 70s.

Nowadays, car makers say seats are 'leather' when what they mean is 'a tiny bit of leather can be found somewhere on the seat if you look closely'.

Comment

You can tell I'm from Essex, I absolutely love two-tone Audi leather seats.

Comment

Aren't the black bits just vinyl?

Comment

Working...
                    X