PDA

View Full Version : DegradedArray event

administrator
25th February 2016, 14:23
md2 : active raid1 sdc2[0]
976657024 blocks [2/1] [U_]

Forum going down for half an hour or so while I get a disk swapped out, going to be offline from around 3 :bang:

FatLazyContractor
25th February 2016, 14:25
Where do we send the compensation claims to? :mad

northernladuk
25th February 2016, 14:26
Have you had it approved by CAB?

stek
25th February 2016, 14:28

Forum going down for half an hour or so while I get a disk swapped out, going to be offline from around 3 :bang:

No hot spare? Raid1 as in mirror?

AtW
25th February 2016, 14:34
Looks like today there will be an increase in productivity...

FatLazyContractor
25th February 2016, 14:35
Looks like today there will be an increase in productivity...

For 30 minutes :eyes

administrator
25th February 2016, 14:36
No hot spare? Raid1 as in mirror?

Yeah RAID 1 mirror. It's only a data store for backups and the backups are backed up too. Fingers crossed :wink

WTFH
25th February 2016, 14:36
Is it too early to raise an invoice to ClientCo?

northernladuk
25th February 2016, 14:38
Well the spare has turned up so work can begin.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/technology/graphics/harddrive.jpg

stek
25th February 2016, 14:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02a723LsoFA

northernladuk
25th February 2016, 14:39
Yeah RAID 1 mirror. It's only a data store for backups and the backups are backed up too. Fingers crossed :wink

Just leave it, nothing will go wrong, it's just a tickbox exercise. What do you need a spare for anyway

FatLazyContractor
25th February 2016, 14:40
Is there a possibility that by accident, the following could be deleted ?

- TPD thread
- Word associations thread
- MarillionFan
- Scooterscot

Thanks,
AtW

AtW
25th February 2016, 14:43
Is there a possibility that £50 will be enough for the following to be be deleted ?

- TPD thread
- FatLazyContractor

Thanks,
AtW

FTFY

mudskipper
25th February 2016, 14:47
Over to the ipse forums - you know it makes sense! ;)

AtW
25th February 2016, 14:52
Over to the ipse forums - you know it makes sense! ;)

A good time for a CUK Holiday ...

northernladuk
25th February 2016, 14:54
You know there is this new fancy thing called 'The Cloud' don't you???

stek
25th February 2016, 14:54

Some crackers lately on immigrationboards, lots of Bobs on T1G's getting refused for fiddling tax, since UKVI can now see your Tax records....

Also one chap who thinks doing 57 in a 30 is 'safe' and can't understand why he was refused citizenship on good character grounds.

DimPrawn
25th February 2016, 14:56
I've just noticed this thread......luckily just in time!.....gotta post this before CUK goes offline.

Can you all please go and fu

stek
25th February 2016, 14:57

And clustering, and RAID5,6,50,60.

Bet it runs on Linux on a PC with knobs on laughingly called a 'server'....

mudskipper

They've even got an EU thread. :)

FatLazyContractor
I've just noticed this thread......luckily just in time!.....gotta post this before CUK goes offline.

Can you all please go and fu

Yes, with your wife now :happy

seanraaron
25th February 2016, 14:59
Just leave it, nothing will go wrong, it's just a tickbox exercise. What do you need a spare for anyway

Bit late for that, should have built a mirror instead using hot-swap disks.

northernladuk
25th February 2016, 15:00
Some crackers lately on immigrationboards, lots of Bobs on T1G's getting refused for fiddling tax, since UKVI can now see your Tax records....

Also one chap who thinks doing 57 in a 30 is 'safe' and can't understand why he was refused citizenship on good character grounds.

Arrrrghhhh nooooooooo!!! Must.... resist....looking...... must...... resist

unixman
25th February 2016, 15:01
Flipping heck. I had no idea this forum/site was self hosted. It is 15:01 now. Hopefully this post will go through befo-^C

stek
25th February 2016, 15:04
Flipping heck. I had no idea this forum/site was self hosted. It is 15:01 now. Hopefully this post will go through befo-^C

Runs on a Raspberry Pi in admin's sockpuppet drawer where all the posters live.

barrydidit
25th February 2016, 15:04
Is this the Go/No Go thread?

MrMarkyMark
25th February 2016, 15:37
Crisis over.

Thanks to all concerned :D

AtW
25th February 2016, 15:43

:eek

Seriously??? Maybe he did not declare it.

vetran
25th February 2016, 15:46
And I thought this was 6 sockies over the desk & NLYUK warming up her whip?

MrMarkyMark
25th February 2016, 15:48
And I thought this was 6 sockies over the desk & NLYUK warming up her whip?

Na, Bob Shawadiwadi came good, there were plenty of doings and fixings, but we are now back up and running.

administrator
25th February 2016, 15:48

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAcXAAAAJDk4NzZmMDdkLWU0YzEtNGJjMi05MW U2LTExODZlMzcxN2E5Mw.jpg

NickFitz
25th February 2016, 15:49

Hah! Just tweeted you lot about it - you should have posted a warning in TPD :)

stek
25th February 2016, 15:50
:eek

Seriously??? Maybe he did not declare it.

He's going for ILR - asking if he should declare it - consensus is always yes, shows honesty if your not sure whether you should or shouldn't legally. Anything that doesn't go to court your ok with, this didn't despite the high speed. So looks ok for the guy but he's not accepting 60 in a 30 is daft!

Speeding fine through court and ILR : UK Tier 1 (General) visas • Immigrationboards.com (http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tier-1-general-visas/speeding-fine-through-court-and-ilr-t203025.html)

stek
25th February 2016, 15:51
https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAcXAAAAJDk4NzZmMDdkLWU0YzEtNGJjMi05MW U2LTExODZlMzcxN2E5Mw.jpg

There can't be, otherwise all the planes would be slicing the power and ethernet cables with their wings......

mudskipper
25th February 2016, 15:58
Three cheers for admin. A fine job done ahead of schedule. :yay: :yay: :yay:

AtW
25th February 2016, 16:01
He's going for ILR - asking if he should declare it - consensus is always yes, shows honesty if your not sure whether you should or shouldn't legally. Anything that doesn't go to court your ok with, this didn't despite the high speed. So looks ok for the guy but he's not accepting 60 in a 30 is daft!

Speeding fine through court and ILR : UK Tier 1 (General) visas • Immigrationboards.com (http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tier-1-general-visas/speeding-fine-through-court-and-ilr-t203025.html)

60 in 30 is obviously not ok. Such things obviously must be declared on form.

It all sounds bull really for one off traffic offenses that did not have prison terms for the offense.

I had clear license when I applied for mine and still do, but if they'd rejected ILR on the basis of those points then I'd most likely have appeal and if failed to sue them - previous guidance was that only jail sentence would have adverse effect - application guidance should be clear on the matter of which offenses not acceptable before somebody pays them hefty fee for application.

Bee
25th February 2016, 16:04
Done?

Troll
25th February 2016, 16:13

Forum going down for half an hour or so while I get a disk swapped out, going to be offline from around 3 :bang:Pssssst sasguru is calling you a thicko on another thread (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/112668-so-thickos-support-brexit-more-intelligent-support-staying.html).... please be doing the needful

stek
25th February 2016, 16:19
60 in 30 is obviously not ok. Such things obviously must be declared on form.

It all sounds bull really for one off traffic offenses that did not have prison terms for the offense.

I had clear license when I applied for mine and still do, but if they'd rejected ILR on the basis of those points then I'd most likely have appeal and if failed to sue them - previous guidance was that only jail sentence would have adverse effect - application guidance should be clear on the matter of which offenses not acceptable before somebody pays them hefty fee for application.

Thinks have got tighter now, ILR you're ok with speeding offences provided it's one or two and not taken to court (and lost). For BC it's different, they are well strict - the 'Good Character' requirement. Citizenship is privilege not a right is the mantra.....

sal
25th February 2016, 16:19
And clustering, and RAID5,6,50,60.

Bet it runs on Linux on a PC with knobs on laughingly called a 'server'....

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12745764_1034416696630518_8563679106293164098_n.jp g?oh=9db6e3352697220cd13e512091be932d&oe=574ED3D7

AtW
25th February 2016, 16:23
Thinks have got tighter now, ILR you're ok with speeding offences provided it's one or two and not taken to court (and lost). For BC it's different, they are well strict - the 'Good Character' requirement. Citizenship is privilege not a right is the mantra.....

We were talking about ILR (green card in US terms) it is not same as citizenship...

They should be clear in the guidance about disqualifying factors - they are just trying to fook people over who worked for many years.

Now if they did not pay tax then it's totally different matter - no excuses there.

Naturally Home Office relies on the fact that taking legal action in UK is crazy expensive and those people won't be able to do it.

Hobosapien
25th February 2016, 16:26
Reminds me of a bare bones system I bought off ebay. A plazzy skeleton turned up.

stek
25th February 2016, 16:27
We were talking about ILR (green card in US terms) it is not same as citizenship...

They should be clear in the guidance about disqualifying factors - they are just trying to fook people over who worked for many years.

Now if they did not pay tax then it's totally different matter - no excuses there.

Naturally Home Office relies on the fact that taking legal action in UK is crazy expensive and those people won't be able to do it.

I agree, moy drug, was just outlining the difference in policy ILR to BC.....

stek
25th February 2016, 16:28
Reminds me of a bare bones system I bought off ebay. A plazzy skeleton turned up.

I recently bought some what I thought were 2.5" SAS 300gb disks, they were all 3.5". My fault, I assumed......

Hobosapien
25th February 2016, 16:36
I recently bought some what I thought were 2.5" SAS 300gb disks, they were all 3.5". My fault, I assumed......

:laugh That may be too subtle for some on here.

My advice to them, keep trying you'll get it eventually.

AtW
25th February 2016, 16:38
I agree, moy drug, was just outlining the difference in policy ILR to BC.....

But from your own words and the forum there it appears that they are applying citizenship criteria to ILR!

Fooking Tories instead of fixing the system pick up on people who waited for 5 years and honestly declared some non-prison traffic offense which they got fully punished for. If somebody had 3+ motoring offenses then maybe it should be a factor, but that should be clearly explained in guidance - very stupid thing in the first place since those points clear off pretty quickly.

stek
25th February 2016, 16:44
But from your own words and the forum there it appears that they are applying citizenship criteria to ILR!

Fooking Tories instead of fixing the system pick up on people who waited for 5 years and honestly declared some non-prison traffic offense which they got fully punished for. If somebody had 3+ motoring offenses then maybe it should be a factor, but that should be clearly explained in guidance - very stupid thing in the first place since those points clear off pretty quickly.

It's only if it goes to court and u get convicted for ILR - 99% just take the fine and points so it's never an issue.

NickFitz
25th February 2016, 16:51
So admin starts a purely technical thread to notify users about system downtime, and it turns into an argument about immigration. Well done, everybody! :yay:

AtW
25th February 2016, 17:02
It's only if it goes to court and u get convicted for ILR - 99% just take the fine and points so it's never an issue.

In my time that would not be a factor for ILR as long as it's declared on form - the guidance was saying that in cases when custodial sentence was result of court action THEN it would be up to Home Office to decide IF to grant ILR or not.

Pretty crazy system where some known or suspect terrorists can't be kicked out of country, yet somebody on work visa after many years is denied ILR because of traffic offense that the person was punished for already.

MrMarkyMark
25th February 2016, 17:11
So admin starts a purely technical thread to notify users about system downtime, and it turns into an argument about immigration. Well done, everybody! :yay:

:yay: