• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving house

Possibly the most stressful thing in life!?!? I've just had a potential buyer pull out due to the fact they couldn't get a mortgage which means I've lost the house I was wanting to buy!! Arrrgghhhhh, there's my off topic rant over

This is General so there is no topic to go off unless it's Europe . It is, however, a tulip rant worthy of a nice fat WGAS. Possibly one of the worst openings by a new sockie for awhile.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

1. You haven't lost the other house, unless you have already told them you don't want it. If so, you're not very smart.
      2. If your buyers were smart and struggling to get a mortgage, they would use a broker, not try to do it direct. Unless, of course, they found a different house that they preferred.
      3. What NLUK said.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by clueless44 View Post
        Possibly the most stressful thing in life!?!? I've just had a potential buyer pull out due to the fact they couldn't get a mortgage which means I've lost the house I was wanting to buy!! Arrrgghhhhh, there's my off topic rant over
        Change estate agents, they should not accept an offer without proof of funds.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Change estate agents, they should not accept an offer without proof of funds.
          Everyone I know refused to show the estate agent their funds. In England and Wales you don't have to. Plus even if you do have the funds you can pull out right up until contracts are exchanged.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You are lucky. Put it on the market again. You will get an extra 20% for it.

Of course the smart thing to do is to keep the old house and let it out. Its increasing in value so quickly.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Everyone I know refused to show the estate agent their funds. In England and Wales you don't have to. Plus even if you do have the funds you can pull out right up until contracts are exchanged.
              You don't have to, but if you are up against someone else who is putting in an offer for the same property and you show it, while they can't, it puts you in a stronger position as a buyer.

Comment

Translation: selling a house for an inflated price and buying another when you can't really afford either and neither can the person you're selling to is stressful.

Just rent and it all goes away.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Translation: selling a house for an inflated price and buying another when you can't really afford either and neither can the person you're selling to is stressful.

Just rent and it all goes away.
                  Or move to Scotland where an offer is binding. Honestly with gazumping and all that other BS it's amazing people buy houses in England at all.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                    Or move to Scotland where an offer is binding.
                    Untrue. If your offer is accepted, then the solicitors get involved and then at a later date the contracts are agreed.

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                    Honestly with gazumping and all that other BS it's amazing people buy houses in England at all.
                    It would be closer to say that with all the BS some people believe, it's amazing that they know any facts at all.
                    You are Donald J Trump and I claim my £5.

Comment

Working...
                    X