• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving EU a stride into the light - Duncan Smith

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving EU a stride into the light - Duncan Smith

Source: EU referendum: Leaving EU a stride into the light - Duncan Smith - BBC News

So Duncan is suggesting that getting out of EU is the same as being dead and walking into the light?

'A great leap into the unknown'
    Last edited by Flashman; 28 February 2016, 17:20.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Caged bird will die quickly in real world.

Try harder next time...

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Source: EU referendum: Leaving EU a stride into the light - Duncan Smith - BBC News

So Duncan is suggesting that getting out of EU is the same as being dead and walking into the light?
            Yeah, but any fool knows he's a total ******: “I could live on £53 in benefits a week, says Iain Duncan Smith”

I could live on £53 in benefits a week, says Iain Duncan Smith | Politics | The Guardian
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I suppose the remainiacs will disperse and there could be an undimming associated with that. Also, Gidiot's nose has been known to cast a shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Yeah, but any fool knows he's a total ******: “I could live on £53 in benefits a week, says Iain Duncan Smith”
                I could live on £53 in benefits a week, says Iain Duncan Smith | Politics | The Guardian
                I am not sure that would be enough to buy lunch in some of the places he goes to ...

Comment

And there is TTIP What is TTIP? And six reasons why the answer should scare you | Comment | Voices | The Independent

Public services, especially the NHS, are in the firing line. One of the main aims of TTIP is to open up Europe’s public health, education and water services to US companies. This could essentially mean the privatisation of the NHS.

The European Commission has claimed that public services will be kept out of TTIP. However, according to the Huffington Post, the UK Trade Minister Lord Livingston has admitted that talks about the NHS were still on the table.

And from later this year Brussels to ease visa restrictions on Turkey in exchange for taking back deported migrants - Telegraph
                  Last edited by DodgyAgent; 29 February 2016, 07:16.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    And there is TTIP What is TTIP? And six reasons why the answer should scare you | Comment | Voices | The Independent

[I][B]Public services, especially the NHS, are in the firing line. One of the main aims of TTIP is to open up Europe’s public health, education and water services to US companies. This could essentially mean the privatisation of the NHS. ...
                    Times are changing, e.g. in medical technology. What may have been wrong 20 years ago could be much more workable now.

The only thing I don't like about TTIP is the litigation aspect. The UK and EU should have the bottle to limit the scope for US corporations to tie up foreign governments in legalistic knots. Apart from issues of sovereignty and democratic accountability, the legal expense will reduce the benefits of having a trade treaty in the first place.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X