• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conf Call Ettiquete

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conf Call Ettiquete

13 mins so far and no one else has joined, iMessaged the call 'leader' - no response....

How long before I hang up? Bear in mind I'm doing my expenses while I wait......

Originally posted by stek View Post
    13 mins so far and no one else has joined, iMessaged the call 'leader' - no response....

How long before I hang up? Bear in mind I'm doing my expenses while I wait......
    If no one has joined (of any consequence) in 10 mins i bail

Comment

Wait until the expenses are done.
      In fact it will probably work out best for the project, if no one turns up for the meeting

HTH.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Depends on what you want to be. A rebel / Moral guard? or a "team player" ?

Patience is what differentiates contractors from the cattle

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Patience, as long as the meter is running, is what differentiates contractors from the cattle
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

After 16 mins boss man came on (not the the call leader) saying VPN is down hence no call leader which it isn't cos I'm on it and so are others, I look after it (out of my comfort zone!) and can see people logged in to it and active.

Finished my expenses anyway, bonus!

Comment

After 16 mins boss man came on (not the the call leader) saying VPN is down hence no call leader which it isn't cos I'm on it and so are others, I look after it (out of my comfort zone!) and can see people logged in to it and active.

Finished my expenses anyway, bonus!
              I hope you charge extra for that.

Looks like the boss might have it in for yer, trying to smear your name, snake in the grass, watch him
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Turns out the 'call leader', a PM, doesn't know the difference between 'VPN' and 'Wifi' and couldn't for some reason connect to their home wifi. Not my problem.

Tremendously exciting morning so far, one of the best ones since the time someone changed the safe code without telling anyone. I'm exhausted!

Comment

Turns out the 'call leader', a PM, doesn't know the difference between 'VPN' and 'Wifi' and couldn't for some reason connect to their home wifi. Not my problem.

Tremendously exciting morning so far, one of the best ones since the time someone changed the safe code without telling anyone. I'm exhausted!
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Nasty.

My ex once changed the safe word without telling me.

Comment

Working...
                    X