• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man down!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man down!

Had this flu thing since Saturday which has kept me in bed

2 days invoicing lost so far and can't even say I'm WFH as I'm bedridden and dosed up with Lemsip

I have also (gawd knows how) managed to put my back out at the same time - somewhere just above the pelvic reason meaning getting up and down is (real) agony - anyway been looking at back supports online to maybe get mobility back - also I have to get on a transatlantic flight on Friday so not really looking forward to that- anyone used one before & got any recommendations ?

Was looking at this kind of thing

Bac Back Brace - Large - Boots

And to you whippersnappers - look after your back - cos once it goes it's agony
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Had this flu thing since Saturday which has kept me in bed

2 days invoicing lost so far and can't even say I'm WFH as I'm bedridden and dosed up with Lemsip

I have also (gawd knows how) managed to put my back out at the same time - somewhere just above the pelvic reason meaning getting up and down is (real) agony - anyway been looking at back supports online to maybe get mobility back - also I have to get on a transatlantic flight on Friday so not really looking forward to that- anyone used one before & got any recommendations ?

Was looking at this kind of thing

Bac Back Brace - Large - Boots

And to you whippersnappers - look after your back - cos once it goes it's agony

I did my back in proper two days before a flight to Oz. Doc gave me mega strength painkillers to get me there - I think I could have flown without the plane.

Not sure that back braces are generally a good idea - the advice is usually to keep moving.

See your GP and get proper advice. Might be worth seeing a chiro too - sometimes it can be helpful.

Regarding the - man up!

Comment

Your back needs a proper doctor before you fly off or get stuff like back braces.

Long term, you need to get some regular exercise.

(been there, done that. its horribly painful and you will do your back in again if you are not careful)

Comment

I have an issue with L4 L5 S1. Have been through chiro, physio, painkillers, NSAIDs. Going for L5 root injection and 2 facet joint injections on Friday, prior to flying to Oz via Singapore next week. They usually last 6 months or so...

Get an MRI scan and head to orthopaedic surgeon for diagnosis. Luckily private medical covered this for me and it was doing in less then a week.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Don't get too well, you want to infect as many people as you can on the flight by being *that guy*
          Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            I have an issue with L4 L5 S1. Have been through chiro, physio, painkillers, NSAIDs. Going for L5 root injection and 2 facet joint injections on Friday, prior to flying to Oz via Singapore next week. They usually last 6 months or so...

Get an MRI scan and head to orthopaedic surgeon for diagnosis. Luckily private medical covered this for me and it was doing in less then a week.
            L4L5 here too. I reckon most 30-50 year old men do.

I tried the injection once - lasted about 2 weeks.

Pilates is very good for it. And cycling. I find swimming/running makes it worse.

Diclofenac helps. You need a prescription - but can be bought online. Just don't take it for too long as you will get kidney failure!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

I see why.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                L4L5 here too. I reckon most 30-50 year old men do.

I tried the injection once - lasted about 2 weeks.

Pilates is very good for it. And cycling. I find swimming/running makes it worse.

Diclofenac helps. You need a prescription - but can be bought online. Just don't take it for too long as you will get kidney failure!
                Yours is a different reason. Too many women of different sizes in your life .....

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  Yours is a different reason. Too many women of different sizes in your life .....
                  Related to too much squash. I used to play every day. I should have taken up debauchery instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Related to too much debauchery. I used to play every day. I should have taken up squash instead.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X