• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS Designed Towns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS Designed Towns

Psst! It's almost 1984...

No takeaways, no pubs and all roads lead go the local sports centre.

Would you want to live there?

Reminds me of the Urban Pacification Centre from Space Empire III. Dystopia here we come...
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Is an NHS designed town one where you spend 6 months on a waiting list and when you get there you have to share your house with six other people, the food is inedible and the TV doesn't work?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post

None of that is actually what the article says, for those who would rather react to it without reading... it mentions banning takeaway outlets NEAR SCHOOLS (hardly a horrible idea) and opening 60s' style cafes for older and dementia-suffering people (rather cute)
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          None of that is actually what the article says, for those who would rather react to it without reading... it mentions banning takeaway outlets NEAR SCHOOLS (hardly a horrible idea) and opening 60s' style cafes for older and dementia-suffering people (rather cute)
          You don't honestly think I read it do you?

Anyhow, it sounds like they used Bradley Stoke as a blueprint...

Comment

Still has to be better than living in Luton
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post

Sounds like the Quaker villages.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just hope there's budget to update the 1960s themed cafes to 1970s punk and BCR hang outs in a decade.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Sounds like the Quaker villages.
                  Except there's no mention of pubs or alcohol at all in the article. Signs informing people the walking time into town, etc... they sound a great idea.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Except there's no mention of pubs or alcohol at all in the article.
                    If they are conforming to the Chief Medical Officer of England's current advice on alcohol they will be even worse than the Quaker villages - no pubs, no shops selling alcohol, no newsagents/shops selling sweets, no takeaways, no fields to do sports like rugby and cricket in due to risk of head injuries...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X