• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying typists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying typists

I'm wondering if I'm the only person who thinks this?

I hate the way some people type. They sort of "strike" the key too loudly like they want everyone to know that they are typing so therefore must be being productive.

Really effs me off. Also some people say Newcastle weird but I can't accurately describe what's wrong with how they say it, it is sort of said as all one word hurriedly and has their tone goes up ever so slightly when they speak the "castle" part....

What's your tolerance with gladiators?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      What's your tolerance with gladiators?
      Zodiac was OK but couldn't stand Sharon Davies......

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post

I hate the way some people type. They sort of "strike" the key too loudly like they want everyone to know that they are typing so therefore must be being productive.

Really effs me off. Also some people say Newcastle weird but I can't accurately describe what's wrong with how they say it, it is sort of said as all one word hurriedly and has their tone goes up ever so slightly when they speak the "castle" part....
        Geordies say NewCASSel, sounds correct to me.

Here in Leeds people say 'because' like 'becoss' not 'becozz' - after 8 years it's starting to slightly fukn annoy me.

Comment

That's why there is a campaign to have touch typing in schools to stop people doing this.

Anyway if you learned to type on a manual typewriter you learnt the right pressure to press the keys but allowing you to type fast enough. (I actually learned to touch type on a keyboard.)

Regional accents are great. You can spend hours taking the p*ss out of people and vice versa.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Hell is other people

Comment

But Newcastle *is* all one word. HTHBI... who am I kidding, it won't.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                Hell is other people
                eating porridge at their desks.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

This must be the closest thing to a contractor's hymn.
                  You wouldn't think it judging by some of the sheep like statists and corporatists that inhabit this place
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It sounds like you're referring to the way the people of Newcastle Upon Tyne say "Newcastle". As it's their town, they get to decide how it's pronounced

The ones Under Lyme might suit you better

Comment

Working...
                    X