• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian migrants forced to work at Disney.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian migrants forced to work at Disney.

Disney Workers Forced to Train Their Foreign Replacements | Fox Business

Standard US fare.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Standard US fare.
      I didn't notice the public outcry when this happened to all the IT guys at the IBs.

Trump has an interesting proposal for this one, HB-1's should be paid the same as locals. How exactly that would be enforced is anyone's guess.

I'll guess I will absorb the cost of a translator when it is time to take the Grandkids to that gulag.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        I didn't notice the public outcry when this happened to all the IT guys at the IBs.
        No one likes banks but people like airlines and DIsney for some strange reason even if they are known to treat people like tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          No one likes banks but people like airlines and DIsney for some strange reason even if they are known to treat people like tulip.
          Disney rejected me for a contract in Hammersmith on the basis that my new born daughter could impact the project. I lived in Ladbroke Grove FFS and had worked for UA & SPE. I have no respect for that company.

As for airlines, just look at BA's mixed fleet. After a couple of years plugging stuff into SITA and then my mad year of sitting in the right hand seat at the pointy end..... Well just look at what BA's mixed fleet in LGW are going through.

Comment

Disney rejected me for a contract in Hammersmith on the basis that my new born daughter could impact the project. I lived in Ladbroke Grove FFS and had worked for UA & SPE. I have no respect for that company.

As for airlines, just look at BA's mixed fleet. After a couple of years plugging stuff into SITA and then my mad year of sitting in the right hand seat at the pointy end..... Well just look at what BA's mixed fleet in LGW are going through.
            You do realise that 99% of the people only recognise 2 of the TLAs above
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              You do realise that 99% of the people only recognise 2 of the TLAs above
              You get me every time. I am going to have to put an annex of acronyms in my signature.-

Just to be clear, is the two or the three TLAs?

Comment

I've heard it from trusted sources that both Disney and a well-known airline treat their employees like complete tulip. So in your case you are lucky not to get the contract with them.

Comment

Working...
                X