• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Sockieism" outlawed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sockieism" outlawed

'Trolls' face criminal prosecution for fake online profiles - BBC News

That's General stuffed then.

Comment

Is MF still allowed to pretend to be Walter Mitty?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The Crown Prosecution Service says adults should be charged if they use fake social media IDs to harass others.

Cases would also follow if posts were indecent, grossly offensive or so false they caused distress and anxiety.

So already illegal anyway. No change. Just a new law to pretend to be doing something.

So assguru can still pretend to be intelligent. DP can pretend to be rich. AtW can still pretend to know about economics. Mods can pretend their moderation is fair. SM can pretend to be have married eek.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Is MF still allowed to pretend to be Walter Mitty?
          only if AssGuru is allowed to pretend to be normal.

Edit - Damn BP beat me to it.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            only if AssGuru is allowed to pretend to be normal.

Edit - Damn BP beat me to it.
            And one voting in favour of sasexit.....

Comment

Usual discussions on here, then.

Fake LinkedIn profiles are a menace. They have such a bad reputation that Tchut nee Spune has lost 1,100 connections this past year and now only has 7,796 contacts. He's most upset.

Cheery bye.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Fake LinkedIn profiles are a menace. They have such a bad reputation that Tchut nee Spune has lost 1,100 connections this past year and now only has 7,796 contacts. He's most upset.

Cheery bye.
                BrowneIssue first post since 2011

Comment

Note that this isn't a new law. It isn't even a new application of an existing law. It's just clarifying a couple of existing guidelines about how the existing law should be applied. There have already been prosecutions in such cases.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Cheery bye.
                    Greetings RC

Get over to TPD when you have a minute - we haven't reached Number.POSITIVE_INFINITY yet, but we're tending towards it

Comment

Working...
                    X