• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost my buyer :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my buyer :-(

After 4 months....

Basically I'm spitting nails at her solicitor who advised her to pull out.

The reason? I have been evasive in answering a number of questions that were raised shortly after I accepted her offer. e.g. when was the septic tank installed (don't know, it's prehistoric), provide us with receipt from the last time it was emptied ( I don't have one - I paid cash) .

The point is there was no opportunity to clarify anything - she's been sat on this for weeks on end, is rude to the selling agent when they ring her and is even rude and abrupt to her own client.

So after all this time I've never had the chance to make good some of the outstanding questions basically because the solicitor was being do fecking useless.

Or, am I mistaken, and it's all my fault because I wasn't on their backs all the time? I assumed the amount they charge negated the necessity of this.

Very interesting what comes out on top of Google when I search for FDC Law

Lesson learnt and experience gained

You are so rich in experience now

Comment

Some people are unhappy about Boris advising us to pull out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
        After 4 months....

Basically I'm spitting nails at her solicitor who advised her to pull out.

The reason? I have been evasive in answering a number of questions that were raised shortly after I accepted her offer. e.g. when was the septic tank installed (don't know, it's prehistoric), provide us with receipt from the last time it was emptied ( I don't have one - I paid cash) .

The point is there was no opportunity to clarify anything - she's been sat on this for weeks on end, is rude to the selling agent when they ring her and is even rude and abrupt to her own client.

So after all this time I've never had the chance to make good some of the outstanding questions basically because the solicitor was being do fecking useless.

Or, am I mistaken, and it's all my fault because I wasn't on their backs all the time? I assumed the amount they charge negated the necessity of this.

Very interesting what comes out on top of Google when I search for FDC Law
        Have you asked your solicitor?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Lesson learnt and experience gained

You are so rich in experience now
          We need something like SpeedyConveyancing.com & both parties agree to use them.

Could be done & dusted in a couple of weeks.

Can't believe how long this lot have taken & no result, just lots of strife...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Have you asked your solicitor?
            Yes - he tells me it was impossible to get anything from her

Comment

in 4 months your house has gone up in value by a significant % so put it back on the market at a higher price and answer the next solicitors questions better

Comment

We need something like SpeedyConveyancing.com & both parties agree to use them.

Could be done & dusted in a couple of weeks.

Can't believe how long this lot have taken & no result, just lots of strife...
                It's the slow councils doing the local searches. That's the weak link.

Sorry to hear your bad news OP
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
                  in 4 months your house has gone up in value by a significant % so put it back on the market at a higher price and answer the next solicitors questions better :happy
                  I assumed there would be some kind of dialogue in which I'd have the chance to indemnify anything unresolved but that dialogue never took place.

At least I'll be prepared next time....

Comment

I assumed there would be some kind of dialogue in which I'd have the chance to indemnify anything unresolved but that dialogue never took place.

At least I'll be prepared next time....
                    Perhaps get the silage tank thingy emptied now with proof and thats one less thing to worry about for next time?

Comment

Working...
                    X