• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU vs Eurovision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU vs Eurovision

A few years ago, Eurovision was much smaller.

We even won it a few times.

There was some tactical voting, but we all did alright in a sharing sort of way.

But something went wrong.

Now the Eurovision is huge, with members outside of Europe.

The Eastern Europeans are so numerous they seem to have a disproportionate impact on it all.

Some question whether we should take part any more.

Some say we don't take it seriously and our big name music artists are more interested in not taking part in an amateur affair.

What is clear, is that beyond the mild entertainment and faux solidarity, the chances of Britain winning are zero.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

I give this thread nil point.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

How can Australia take part in Eurovision?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        How can Australia take part in Eurovision?
        Somebody thought they'd written Austria on the application?

Comment

Israel, for example, has been in Eurovision since 1973 - so "a few years ago" there were already non-European countries participating. To take part a country merely needs to be a member of the European Broadcasting Union. They don't have to be in Europe.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hang on, if we leave the EU does that mean we get kicked out of Eurovision too?

If so I am all for the Brexit
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Israel, for example, has been in Eurovision since 1973 - so "a few years ago" there were already non-European countries participating. To take part a country merely needs to be a member of the European Broadcasting Union. They don't have to be in Europe.
              I'm glad you explained it to the idiots.

In regards to Australia they buy it as loads of them watch it. Since they are making it cheaper for the "big 5" including the UK, we may as well let them enter.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Hang on, if we leave the EU does that mean we get kicked out of Eurovision too?
                Yes, but we'll make up for it by being free to create our own song contests with China and America.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Yes, but we'll make up for it by being free to create our own song contests with China and America.
                  That what One Direction are for ;/)
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Slovenia should send this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9it4U6jsM8I

Comment

Working...
                    X