• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO NickFitz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM FAO NickFitz

Time to pay up you license dodging ne'er-do-well

BBC telly tax drops onto telly-free households. Cough up, iPlayer fans
    Last edited by DaveB; 3 March 2016, 14:23.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

There will be a 100% fine. Retrospectively. Directly from his bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It should be collected by ISP's I reckon. If you have broadband then you can watch iPlayer.

Comment

Only fair, if you watch BBC content you pay for it. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          Only fair, if you watch BBC content you pay for it. Simples.
          Annoys the fook out of me that every household is expected to pay £150 pa for a TV channel, whether you watch that channel or not.

Simple solution, make it a subscription channel, put iPlayer behind a paywall. I don't watch the dumbed down leftie bollox output they produce, I don't want to encourage the s by paying them. Eastenders FFS!

No other country in the World has to pay a license for a TV channel, it's absolutely ridiculous and in many ways, undemocratic.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            No other country apart from Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Macedona, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Japan, Pakistan, South Korea, Ghana, Mauritius, Namibia and South Africa has to pay a license for a TV channel, it's absolutely ridiculous and in many ways, undemocratic.
            FTFY
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              FTFY
              Mostly a list of 3rd World tulipholes...wait a minute...

Comment

So how will they police it? At the moment if you have a google box that is capable of receiving live telly you have to fork over the licence fee. Will it be the case that anyone with an broadband connection will have to cough up (and what about mobile internet)?

Comment

I think they should focus more on playing Whack-A-Mole with the 30M+ people watching it through VPNs. Downton Abbey is particularly popular over the pond it seems..

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    I think they should focus more on playing Whack-A-Mole with the 30M+ people watching it through VPNs. Downton Abbey is particularly popular over the pond it seems..
                    Isn't that ITV?

Comment

Working...
                    X