• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

According to former BofE Governor, the European Depression Was A "Deliberate" Act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to former BofE Governor, the European Depression Was A "Deliberate" Act

2016-03-02 Striking Admission By Former Bank Of England Head: The European Depression Was A "Deliberate" Act

Once again we find that it is only after they leave their official posts that central bankers finally tell the truth.

Last night, it was Alan Greenspan who blasted the state of the economy, saying that "we’re in trouble basically because productivity is dead in the water" and when asked if he is optimistic going forward, Greenspan replied "no, I haven't been for quite a while."

Then on Sunday, the former head of the BOE, Mervyn King, warned that another aspect of the global economy, namely the financial system whose structural problems remain untouched since the financial crisis have been untouched, is "certain to have another crisis."

To be sure, warnings by former central bankers who are more responsible about the current global mess sound as nothing but revisionist bulltulip. And yet, it was what King said today at the launch of his new book that left us surprised.

As the Telegraph reports today, according to the former head of the Bank of England Europe's economic depression "is the result of "deliberate" policy choices made by EU elites. Mervyn King continued his scathing assault on Europe's economic and monetary union, having predicted the beleaguered currency zone will need to be dismantled to free its weakest members from unremitting austerity and record levels of unemployment.

:::

Recall what then-AIG Banque's strategist Bernard Connolly said in response to the rhetorical question of "What Europe wants"

To use global issues as excuses to extend its power:

* environmental issues: increase control over member countries; advance idea of global governance

* terrorism: use excuse for greater control over police and judicial issues; increase extent of surveillance

* global financial crisis: kill two birds (free market; Anglo-Saxon economies) with one stone (Europe-wide regulator; attempts at global financial governance)

* EMU: create a crisis to force introduction of “European economic government”

The tragedy for Europe is that it has all panned out just as Europe's unelected, ruling oligarchy as expected, and while we should congratulate Brussels which has managed to not only preserve but solidify its power, it now rules over a decaying, economically insolvent continent, with an entire generation left unemployed, with millions of refugees scrambling to get in, and with Europe's cultural "integration" back to levels not seen in decades.
    Still fancy voting to stay in the EU, Sas you smug complacent twit?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Still fancy voting to stay in the EU, Sas you smug complacent twit?
    No you're right, I'll think I'll change my position because of some hysterical conspiracy theory on a dodgy website.

Feck me when God handed out brains, I think he got tired towards the end and gave out blancmange by mistake.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Mervyn King =

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Mervyn King =
        Quite. A complacent mediocrity who's now bitter.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Feck me when God handed out brains, I think he got tired towards the end and gave out blancmange by mistake.
          Undoubtedly, but in your defence, few have made better use of their blancmange than you. Particularly when one considers the stringent parsimony displayed when your portion was being doled out.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Quite. A complacent mediocrity who's now bitter.
            UK recession in 1980: What was it like? - Telegraph

The Budget sparked fury among economists, 364 of whom penned a letter to The Times demanding that a different course be taken, along the lines of a Keynesian style approach where spending would be increased to boost the economy. One of the signatories was Mervyn King, then an economics lecturer at Birmnigham University, now the Governor of the Bank of England.

Is the sort of person we should be listening to?

I suppose he will sell more copies of his book by writing nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Mervyn King =
              Yeah, I thought that and insulted him a lot on here and for that I'd like to apologise

I've realised the error of my ways after witnessing what Carney is doing

Comment

Wound up over the govermin sockpuppets. They're all the same as Comical Ali.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                X