• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SNP now showing their true colours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNP now showing their true colours

It was always going to happen. They were always a party of the left driven by envy and class war which is why essentially they were so popular and captured so many labour voters in Scotland.

Nicola Sturgeon unveils double council tax increase for middle classes - Telegraph
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It was always going to happen. They were always a party of the left driven by envy and class war which is why essentially they were so popular and captured so many labour voters in Scotland. Nicola Sturgeon unveils double council tax increase for middle classes - Telegraph
    She is only doing what's Gidiot has done, why should he be allowed to do such things but not her? If anything it's Gidiot who isn't supposed to be doing it.

Comment

Your analysis is flawed, this looks more like playing it safe with a centrist policy rather than something more progressive like a local income tax.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed by this.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
        Your analysis is flawed, this looks more like playing it safe with a centrist policy rather than something more progressive like a local income tax.
        I have to say I'm quite disappointed by this.
        You'd prefer high local income tax on top of "normal" very high income tax?

Scotland is actually now allowed to set their own rates of income tax, interestingly they've decided not to change them for now despite supporting 50% income tax rate.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          You'd prefer high local income tax on top of "normal" very high income tax?

Scotland is actually now allowed to set their own rates of income tax, interestingly they've decided not to change them for now despite supporting 50% income tax rate.
          I make a wage above the median, so yes, I'd be happy to pay a proportion of my income in a replacement for the regressive Council Tax as opposed to having a tax which is based upon my postcode and fails to take my income into account. Whether or not it's higher doesn't matter to me as long as public services are preserved.

It's possible this will turn out to be a strategy to appease people demanding a statement on the issue before the election and after winning another majority we'll see something different emerge in 2017. Fingers crossed!

Comment

She is only doing what's Gidiot has done, why should he be allowed to do such things but not her? If anything it's Gidiot who isn't supposed to be doing it.
            That is not the point is it? Osborne is doing it to raise money to keep the UK solvent whereas SNP are driven by envy and class war
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
              I make a wage above the median, so yes, I'd be happy to pay a proportion of my income in a replacement for the regressive Council Tax as opposed to having a tax which is based upon my postcode and fails to take my income into account. Whether or not it's higher doesn't matter to me as long as public services are preserved.
              Why won't you give that proportion of your income to charity instead? You'd achieve a lot more too...

Council tax is supposed to be for relatively fixed costs per house/person - garbage, police etc. There is no need to link it to income at all because if you do, then why not have 30% VAT rate for those who have higher income when they buy same stuff in shops? It's only fair innit?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                That is not the point is it? Osborne is doing it to raise money to keep the UK solvent whereas SNP are driven by envy and class war
                No, the real point is this -

1) SNP will increase tax by hundreds of pounds (OMG!!! ... phew, I am not in Scotland so that's ok then, it was a close one!!!)
                2) Osborne will increase my income tax by 30% (that's fine then, he is a lovely Conservative chap from Eton)

Which one do you think is more important?

UK is insolvent because Govt spends too much money, period.
                Last edited by AtW; 3 March 2016, 17:14.

Comment

Osborne totally fooked over middle classes (including those in Scotland), which is supposed to be Convervatives core vote, yet you post tulip about a few hundred quid annual increase as some kind of big deal???

"If the two increases were combined, householders in the average Band E property would end up paying £152 more than at present. The total average rise for Band F would be £267, for Band G £398 and for Band H £600."

Fook me, a whopping £152 annual increase, same property band as me... my council tax is around £1500 (less single occupancy discount)
                  Last edited by AtW; 3 March 2016, 17:22.

Comment

Osborne totally fooked over middle classes (including those in Scotland), which is supposed to be Convervatives core vote, yet you post tulip about a few hundred quid annual increase as some kind of big deal???

"If the two increases were combined, householders in the average Band E property would end up paying £152 more than at present. The total average rise for Band F would be £267, for Band G £398 and for Band H £600."

Fook me, a whopping £152 annual increase, same property band as me... my council tax is around £1500 (less single occupancy discount)
                    So smart arse what SHOULD Osborne be doing

Comment

Working...
                    X