• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New PM after EU referendum?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PM after EU referendum?

Brexit: Boris Johnson from June 24th
    In: George Osborne (or Theresa May, but my bet would be on Osborne) a couple of months before the next general election

Johnson in case of Brexit, remember that is what you're actually voting for.

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    In: George Osborne (or Theresa May, but my bet would be on Osborne) a couple of months before the next general election

So Britian out of Europe and then run by the buffon Boris. Where do I sign

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

It would need to be an emphatic win to boost Osborne and, even then, he's got little chance of securing a majority among the Tory grassroots. He'll be on the ballot due to his infamous patronage, but he has almost no chance of securing the leadership at present. This could change by 2019/20, especially if Boris has the misfortune of becoming Home Secretary after a reshuffle. In any case, Cameron was nowhere leading up to the last contest, so I wouldn't rule out a little known backbencher as the next leader.

Comment

Or perhaps post Brexit the government collapses along with the economy and Corbyn wins in a landslide.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Or perhaps post Brexit the government collapses along with the economy and Corbyn wins in a landslide.
          If there is a Brexit(which will not happen) the pound would tank and the economy would soar.

Trump/Johnson. How do I move to North Korea?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            If that happens I am off to Scotland
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think actually that Meryl Streep will take over.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Who will be new Chancellor, Gordon Brown?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  If there is a Brexit(which will not happen) the pound would tank and the economy would soar.

Trump/Johnson. How do I move to North Korea?
                  It will be like the Scottish referendum - very close but the UK will vote to stay
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You still think it actually makes any difference who is PM here?

Comment

Working...
                    X