• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump on Indian outsourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump on Indian outsourcing

Donald J. Trump Position on Visas

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

If only a UK politician would say the same about ICT visas here.

With all his random ramblings a few are going to make sense. Doesn't stop him being a bigotted bullying loony with the style and grace of a gangrenous paper cut.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      With all his random ramblings a few are going to make sense. Doesn't stop him being a bigotted bullying loony with the style and grace of a gangrenous paper cut.
      spot on, very scary man!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

And oddly I would expect Corbyn to say it. Immigration only benefits the rich. Strangely he wants a UK open doors policy.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

Trump gets my vote
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Trump gets my vote
            That's because you are thick.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Comment

not something you would see in the UK?

India challenges US visa price hike at World Trade Organisation • The Register

India has complained to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) about the United States' decision to increase visa application fees.

The USA last year doubled the fee required to apply for an H1-B visa, a class of temporary visa for skilled workers. Fees rose to US4,000 per application.

Indian technology companies have complained long and loud about the cost of H1-B visas, arguing that they need to bring workers from India to the USA to grow their businesses. US businesses retort that Indian companies could hire locals with comparable skills, but prefer to import people who they pay lower wages.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've said this before, but the UK should release a limited number of high skilled work permits, and then they should be auctioned off to the highest bidders.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Only where it matters
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X