• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cherie Blair’s healthcare business shuts to leave investors with huge losses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherie Blair’s healthcare business shuts to leave investors with huge losses

"It was, at its launch, Cherie Blair’s grand vision: a female-run investment fund to build health clinics in high streets around the world.

However, documents seen by The Telegraph show the Allele Fund, a private equity fund registered in the offshore tax haven of the Cayman Islands, is being shut down.

In all likelihood, investors who each poured hundreds of thousands of pounds into the fund will lose every penny. It is not clear how much money Mrs Blair invested personally in the scheme, but she was its co-founder and front woman, who launched the fund with great fanfare and vast ambition.

Dr Lese blamed The Sunday Telegraph article published in March last year for the collapse of Mee Healthcare. “A particularly harmful, deceptive and misleading article was published entitled 'Poorly start to Cherie Blair’s venture into healthcare’. In it, the newspaper published in written form and on the web multiple false statements and materially significantly misleading financial information.”

She accused this newspaper of “effectively doubling the losses” with the result that prospective investors pulled out of commitments; customers to Mee Healthcare centres dropped “substantially”; and “strategic buyers and investors” who were in negotiations all “backed out”. "

Source: Cherie Blair’s healthcare business shuts to leave investors with huge losses - Telegraph

Vile woman

Comment

Vile couple
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        Oh sure, they did all their investment due diligence by reading a news paper article. She may be a QC, but that one isn't going to fly in court. Good luck.
        They have to blame someone else for pricing themselves out of their market.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Who'd invest in anything run by her? I'd sooner invest my money with Mr Olobugombo in Lagos to get my big share of that £10m inheritance that needs legal fees of £10k to be paid before it can be released.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Who'd invest in anything run by her? I'd sooner invest my money with Mr Olobugombo in Lagos to get my big share of that £10m inheritance that needs legal fees of £10k to be paid before it can be released.
            it would probably be a safer investment considering the previous partners they have had.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              That one sounded a bit dodgy to see, I went with this one instead. Seemed like a much safer bet.

Subject: Nigerian Astronaut Wants To Come Home
              Dr. Bakare Tunde
              Astronautics Project Manager
              National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
              Plot 555
              Misau Street
              PMB 437
              Garki, Abuja, FCT NIGERIA

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-2220 only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
              Astronautics Project Manager
              [email protected]

National Space Research and Development Agency |
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

That poor chap stuck there in space. I've just sent them £50,000.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Comment

Hilarious!

Comment

Working...
                    X