• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High taxation in Norway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High taxation in Norway

"The shareholder model (aksjonærmodellen) implies that dividends exceeding a risk-free return on the investment (the cost base of the shares) are taxed as "ordinary income" when distributed to personal shareholders. When added to the 28% company taxation, this gives a total maximum marginal tax rate on dividends of 48.16% (0.28+0.72*0.28).[12] The 2014 corporate tax rate is 27% giving a marginal tax rate on dividends of 46.71%.[13]"

Turns out to be less than UK now

Oh wait, maybe they tax employers more?

Employers' social security contribution

"Employers in both private and public sector is obliged to pay the employer's social security contribution on labour costs. The employers’ social security contribution are regionally differentiated, so that the tax rate depends on where the business is located. In 2010, the rates vary from 0% to 14.1%.[8]

When the employers' social security contribution is included, the maximum marginal tax rate on labour costs is 54,3%.[8]"

Again less than UK

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_Norway

They invested their income from oil.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Yes, they did and that money are not used to provide lower taxes, like say in Saudi Arabia

Comment

Found their budget info -

Expenses

Operating costs: 109,355
        Investments: 40,334
        Transfers: 927,708
        Lending and instalment: 2
        Total costs: 1,202,683

Income

Operating income: 132,970
        from investments: 16,179
        Taxes and transfers: 928,248
        Paybacks: 59,682
        Total income:1,137,079

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_budget_of_Norway

So they get 12-15% of budget income from investments, but they are also investing more than they gain from those investments.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          And boomer tossers pissed ours up the wall.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I've worked in Oslo a few times. It's a very orderly, well run city. The Norwegians I worked with were pleasant and well educated and clearly enjoyed a good standard of living

..... however they spend most of their time complaining about how much everything costs and how much tax they pay.

It is eye-wateringly expensive.

Stuff you would expect to pay a fiver for in the UK, you are looking at 2 - 3 times the cost in Norway.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              It is eye-wateringly expensive.
              Not for MF shirley .....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Yes, they did and that money are not used to provide lower taxes, like say in Saudi Arabia
                No, as you pointed out, they didn't p1$$ it up a wall.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  And boomer tossers invested it in BTL empires
                  FTFY

Thanks to the Baby boomer generation there is now plenty of rented accomodation so the younger generation can focus more on their playstations.

Have a nice day.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

High taxation in Norway

I'm in Iceland at the moment and the taxation here is the same as the Netto next door.

Comment

Working...
                    X