• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Contractor - what flat rate do I fall into?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Contractor - what flat rate do I fall into?

I spend most of my time posting on here, I think I should pay -0.05% VAT, but my accountant says I'm a divvy and should pay 14.5%

Can I sue her?

Also, since I've been signed up here for more than 24 months, does that mean I can no longer claim T&S for my posts?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Also, since I've been signed up here for more than 24 months, does that mean I can no longer claim T&S for my posts?
    Do you always post from the same location? Roughly 60% of the time? Personally, I route my forum access via varying discrete international locations, and am pretty sure I have circumvented being in one place too long
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
      Do you always post from the same location? Roughly 60% of the time? Personally, I route my forum access via varying discrete international locations, and am pretty sure I have circumvented being in one place too long

Oh, good point. Does anyone know where the T&S rules stand in terms of IP location?

Also, if my IP address is offshore for > 183 days per year, does that mean I don't need to pay tax in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Can I sue her?
        Is she hot?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Is she hot?

Not yet. Should I turn the oven up?

Comment

Working...