• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rotten market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotten market

The market must be bad, I don't even get the ridiculous ads posted by agencies for obviously made up gigs so they can get the two references phone calls going. Appalling state of affairs at present.

I must.... I must.... I must ... give.... a..... shhhhiiii..............

Nope. Not a single tulip given... Next.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That made I chuckle, thanks.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sounds like constipation in my book...

HTH
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

https://talentexchange.pwc.com/

I read that they are "trying to capitalise on the gig-economy".

Comment

Get back to patronising "permies thinking of contracting" and that sort over on business/contract board henry, it's what you're good at.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
              The market must be bad, I don't even get the ridiculous ads posted by agencies for obviously made up gigs so they can get the two references phone calls going. Appalling state of affairs at present.
              I just put my CV back out on the boards in anticipation of my contract ending. Got a call about a potential permanent gig already, so I'm feeling positive.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                I just put my CV back out on the boards in anticipation of my contract ending. Got a call about a potential permanent gig already, so I'm feeling positive.
                About a permie role? Is that the positive vibe provider nowadays?

Comment

Get back to patronising "permies thinking of contracting" and that sort over on business/contract board henry, it's what you're good at.
                  Maybe your interpretation of the English language is holding you back
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

About a permie role? Is that the positive vibe provider nowadays?
                    Well I'm not thrilled with the location or the employer, but the money is right, so it's something. Just trying to be positive, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X