• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone meeting shenanigans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone meeting shenanigans

Sheesh.

Dial into client co for a meeting via the conference phone in the room as I'm the only one on the phone. Previous meeting has over run so I get them instead. They realise they have over run and people are waiting to get into the room, apologies and hang up.

I wait a couple of minutes and dial back. Get one person in the room. Meeting organiser has left early to go to the dentists. 3rd person who was supposed to be there is nowhere to be found. Guy who is there knows nothing about what the meeting was for. Decide between us to give up and try again tomorrow when I'm actually in the office.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Sheesh.

Dial into client co for a meeting via the conference phone in the room as I'm the only one on the phone. Previous meeting has over run so I get them instead. They realise they have over run and people are waiting to get into the room, apologies and hang up.

I wait a couple of minutes and dial back. Get one person in the room. Meeting organiser has left early to go to the dentists. 3rd person who was supposed to be there is nowhere to be found. Guy who is there knows nothing about what the meeting was for. Decide between us to give up and try again tomorrow when I'm actually in the office.

I'd chalk that one up as a win

Comment

Is it billable time? Then is was a worthwhile meeting in my books.

Comment

What you need is some fancy video-conferencing system. Then you can legitimately waste half an hour at the beginning of every meeting whilst somebody tries to remember how they got it working the last time, and more time during the meeting rebooting the system because the sound has stopped working. Fortunately nobody ever listens to the guy that says "why don't we use Skype?".
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          What you need is some fancy video-conferencing system. Then you can legitimately waste half an hour at the beginning of every meeting whilst somebody tries to remember how they got it working the last time, and more time during the meeting rebooting the system because the sound has stopped working. Fortunately nobody ever listens to the guy that says "why don't we use Skype?".
          Last client.

1. Got to pre-booked VC room. Someone senior has pinched it.
          2. Wander building to try and find another VC room.
          3. Find room, VC not working.
          4. Search for another room.
          5. Find another room. VC works!
          6. Join meeting very late.
          7. Someone more senior comes along and slings your posse out as they have the room booked.
          8. Goto line 2.

Did this every week for 2 years....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Last client.

1. Got to pre-booked VC room. Someone senior has pinched it.
            2. Wander building to try and find another VC room.
            3. Find room, VC not working.
            4. Search for another room.
            5. Find another room. VC works!
            6. Join meeting very late.
            7. Someone more senior comes along and slings your posse out as they have the room booked.
            8. Goto line 2.

Did this every week for 2 years....
            I refer the honourable gentleman to his previous answer....
            Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Is it billable time? Then is was a worthwhile meeting couple of years in my books.

Comment

Probably more was achieved than if all the useless twunts had turned up...result
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Sheesh.

I'd have converted the meeting into a DJ-Jam session, kicked the men out, brought the ladies in and ....

Comment

Multitasking....it's the only way....

Comment

Working...
                  X