• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurrah new toy arrived

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurrah new toy arrived

New CNC arrived today

now I'm going to bore you all about Gerbils and Backlash.

Assuming I can assemble it without magic smoke escaping!

Zeity get ready to lambast me!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

yay!

assembled

looks like this

Pcb 2020B engraveing máquina Mini / Mini DIY 2020B CNC router sin caja de control / 2020B CNC rack de armazón en Maquinaria de Grabado de Metales de Industria y Negocio en AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

the manual is rubbish but after a few tries I have something that seems to work, I do feel like a Zeity protege as there seem to be screws left over, however every hole is full as NLYUK would say.

Comment

Blimey. Just looking at the pictures you'd think it cost quite a bit more than that.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        yay!

assembled

looks like this

Pcb 2020B engraveing máquina Mini / Mini DIY 2020B CNC router sin caja de control / 2020B CNC rack de armazón en Maquinaria de Grabado de Metales de Industria y Negocio en AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

the manual is rubbish but after a few tries I have something that seems to work, I do feel like a Zeity protege as there seem to be screws left over, however every hole is full as NLYUK would say.
        u-mmm-ry hmm um muumm - Shirley?

Comment

Will it do mild steel or just wood and plastic?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Will it do mild steel or just wood and plastic?
            wood, plastic & aluminium supposedly. Etching glass is going to be tried as well.

I might try steel if it goes well. Being plastic it is slightly flexible so I suspect accuracy will suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Blimey. Just looking at the pictures you'd think it cost quite a bit more than that.
              £259 delivered with PSU, USB interface and some rather poor instructions.

Comment

It lives!!!

I have a piece of wood with an M drawn on it! SOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool.

Samuel Pepys time!

Comment

Working...
                X