• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client offices = flu pits.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client offices = flu pits.

Every fecking client office I have worked in, bar none, is a bloody flu riddled mess. There are always permies sat around coughing their germs around. Has no-one ever told these pricks that they get PAID to stay at home in bed with a cough and sneezes?

It doesn't work like that.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      It doesn't work like that.
      Obviously not

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
        Obviously not
        One permie employer I had would harass staff who were sick pretending to be concerned.

The fact that lots of us travelled to work together either on the train or lift shared and we weren't the same age groups meant when we were sick we were actually sick as you would phone you travel companions up. However that wasn't good enough for some of the management....,
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Current client has what some of us class as sick offices.

Big open plan ones with loads of hot desking that are kitted out the same (everyone has an encrypted laptop supplied by client they take home or lock in secure storage) and a clear desk policy, so people do sit at different desks each day on a first come basis.

You can spot the OCD ones that spend 10 minutes each morning with the wet wipes cleaning the desk and phone from whoever sat there the day before, yet still they get ill from the airborne germs.

Me, I couldn't care less, I'm 100% WFH for last few months and no end to that in sight this side of the next renewal.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Current client has what some of us class as sick offices.

Big open plan ones with loads of hot desking that are kitted out the same (everyone has an encrypted laptop supplied by client they take home or lock in secure storage) and a clear desk policy, so people do sit at different desks each day on a first come basis.

You can spot the OCD ones that spend 10 minutes each morning with the wet wipes cleaning the desk and phone from whoever sat there the day before, yet still they get ill from the airborne germs.

Me, I couldn't care less, I'm 100% WFH for last few months and no end to that in sight this side of the next renewal.
            As much as I seriously dislike being sat with knobhead IT folks, I cannot do the WFH thing.

Really struggled to motivate myself to get owt done last time I had a WFH stint.

Comment

By the time they're ill enough to go off sick, haven't they already infected everyone and possibly ceased being communicable anyway?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If they are in the office they do NOT have the flu.... They wouldn't be able to move to get out of bed if they did.. They have a dose of the common cold

Also those that are sitting there looking like death warmed up are NOT the ones spreading the cold. The people infecting everyone else have been exposed but are likely not to be showing symptoms. Symptoms are the aftereffect of the body fighting the virus so it's most likely dead by the time your symptoms come on. Three or 4 days in to your streaming eyes sneezing and coughing and you are infecting no one....

There was a Horizon programme on it and the reason we know so little about it is because it's so difficult to actually catch someone that is being attacked by the virus. The first we know of it is the symptoms and by then it's too late. Was very interesting.. but anyway...

There you go.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  If they are in the office they do NOT have the flu.... They wouldn't be able to move to get out of bed if they did.. They have a dose of the common cold

Also those that are sitting there looking like death warmed up are NOT the ones spreading the cold. The people infecting everyone else have been exposed but are likely not to be showing symptoms. Symptoms are the aftereffect of the body fighting the virus so it's most likely dead by the time your symptoms come on. Three or 4 days in to your streaming eyes sneezing and coughing and you are infecting no one....

There was a Horizon programme on it and the reason we know so little about it is because it's so difficult to actually catch someone that is being attacked by the virus. The first we know of it is the symptoms and by then it's too late. Was very interesting.. but anyway...

There you go.
                  *yawn*

Can I give you a shout later when I can't get to sleep you boring tit?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

There you go.
                    Also, apparently you're far more likely to cop a dose by contact, such as picking up someone else's pen or v.v, or off a door handle, than if some bleary eyed flu victim sneezes in your face!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X